A Conversation for Northwich

the Northwich Entry

Post 1

Lol

As someone living on the outskirts of Northwich, I think more could be said about the town.

The smell of drains that drives through the town from spring to early autumn has not been mentioned at all. Neither has the belated attempts of the council to make the town a nice place to be - flowers on railings, a huge, sculpted water feature, and odd street theatre spaces are all very pleasing, but they have done little to attract people to the town. The remedy appears to be the council's 'Vision for the Future', which is a fantasy rather than a reality, and quite how anyone can suggest that the frankly poisonous River Weaver can be made into an attraction is beyond even that.

When I think of Northwich, I think of the waves of apathy sweeping through the town's youths, who skink around the town centre, looking middle class and dissaffected, with just an air of authority defiance. I always think of the homeless man with his dog, penny whistle and book, and of overflowing litter bins.

Still, Northwich has its moments - but I can't think of any right now.

the Northwich Entry

Post 2

SallyM

Sorry, I'm not subscribed to my entry on Northwich, which is very annoying, so i've only just noticed your message.

I wrote this about 3 years ago and not looked at it in ages, if you want to collaborate on an update, i'd be more than happy to. Let me know, at the moment it's not on my list of priorities, but it could be if you want

SallyM smiley - smiley

the Northwich Entry

Post 3

Researcher 12340349

It's 2008. 7 years later. Northwich is still a mess. The reason is that 153 years of ICI in the town has put so much pollution into the water table that all of the locals are chemically induced violent morons. I've only been here half my life, but I already want to klll those bastards from Barnton.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Northwich

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more