A Conversation for United States of America (USA)

Your All Morons

Post 61

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish(Deceased)

I suppose nationalism may turn to communism in the long run because natalism derives around eliminating compitition and when your all thats left you must be equal to your self other wise you would get torn up by loads of other dimentoins.

Your All Morons

Post 62

FairlyStrange

Nationalism doesn't become communism. It normally evolves into fascism.

Out of Luck is right.....true communism cannot exist. It begins as philanthropical despotism and typically evolves into a rather distastful mixture of fascism and capitalism.

NM

Nationalism sucks!

Post 63

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Evilist: you are absolutely correct about the Americans driving people out of lands. We had the best teachers in the world. Just ask the Cornish, the Welsh, the Scottish, the Irish, the (real) Indians, the Arabs, the....

I made the comment in another anti-America thread (one much more reasonable and adult than this one) that no nation is without a stain in its history. I suggested the Swiss were the only blameless people on Earth, but the other researcher had some information about WWII that defeated that idea. At least the US acknowledges its injustices, rather than living in some construct of smug self-denial.

It's really sad that so many English hate Americans, because the last time our countries were at odds was a century ago. We share a common heritage and a common language. I myself have met with English people in America and overseas, and have had excellent relations with them. But then, I was able to see them as individuals, and not as a member of some far-off land that persecuted mygreat-grandparents. I was also able to avoid stereotyping, and lucky for you all it is; the first English man I ever met was a piss-drunk, overweight man named Jan, wearing those teeny little speedos (don't Europeans realize that even women find those things repugnant? He looked less like a man than like a Bartlett pear with a rubber band wrapped around it.). The highlight of that meeting was when he pissed down his leg, then jumped in the pool to rinse off.

So there you go. Americans are supposed to be fat, loud, and arrogant. Jan ruined good pool water, then threw a lady into the water who yelled at him for splashing her. There's arrogance. And loud? 3 years later, my ears are still ringing. I think we've already covered fat. So he must be American, right? Except that he sailed into that port in a vessel flying the cross of St. Andrew and St. George. The point is this: all generalizations are false, including this one. You all can hate Americans all you want, even though we haven't done a thing to you. Just shut the f**k up about it, because I'm tired of hearing it.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 64

Jenny and Fred the cheese

Stereotypings an american thing anyway but that's not the point, yes there are nice americans, of course there are, an american once said to methat there are the same number of nice americans as there are nice british, he was right but considering the population of the US and that of Britain the proportion of nice americans is reletivly small, they're there somewhere they're just quite hard to find.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 65

Out Of Luck

U haven't even been to the US so how would u know??
Sterotyping is done by every single nation in the world.. And it wasn't started or only done by americans.. because the USA was formed long after sterotyping began. So jenny give it up u have nothing to stand on..
~OOL

Nationalism sucks!

Post 66

FairlyStrange

Sorry...I don't find this forum to be "childish".

Wherever ignorance is rampant, calmer heads must step in to identify and correct uninformed ideas. We in the U.S. catch more than our share of grief simply because outsiders don't understand where we came from or what we went through to get where we are.

Yes....the Europeans stole this land from the native people.......so where does that leave me? I'm about half Cherokee and half Scot.....did I steal the land from myself? What do you do about that kind of "Catch 22"?

Through our history, we have been a "lawless" society. Guns were the only thing a family had to protect itself from the darker elements of their "neighborhood".

Sorry,we are not as "civilized" as you folks in Europe....but we have never been lulled into your false sense of security. We accept, but never trust.......our government, boss, neighbors, or(especially)strangers.

We are boisterious and loud because we are raised that way. As strange as it may seem, most in this nation are brought up to believe that any individual is no worse.....and no better.... than anyone else on this planet. It's called "equality". We give no creedence or prefeered honor to those in power, and yet, restrain from any disdain of those in lower circumstance.

You might find us rather course....but keep in mind....we are individuals. We are allowed by our culture to develope our own personalities, not guided by centuries of "correctness". Try it sometime. It's a wonderful life if you can live it to YOUR standards....and not to the standards you have been forced to accept.

NM

Nationalism sucks!

Post 67

Jenny, you have no leg to stand on. You must be a very young girl to make so many irresponsible generalizations, all of which are false.

1. US originated stereotyping. The first examples of stereotyping can be found in the Old Testament. Jews as chosen people, Levites as upright pious types, idolaters as evil, etc. I am sure there were a few really nice people who got hurt in Sodom, tradesmen just trying to make a living and raise their kids right in a bad environment. I don't believe the US is quite as old as the Old Testament. It isn't even as old as the New Testament, although it is quite a bit older than that silly book the Mormons have.

2. As many nice people in America as in Britain. Who did the research? Can we see the statistics? Was it a random sampling, or did they only question New Yorkers? But this is a moot question anyway, because, by your continuing ignorant and inflammatory comments, you have only proven that you are not a nice anything. You should stop trying to represent your countrymen, because I am sure that many of them are ashamed of you.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 68

Evilist

Jenny and I have been discussing for weeks the appeal of america. It is not that we do not like americans or do not like america, it is just that by saying we hate america we are able to get the smug faces of americans out of our minds. I AM NOT SAYING THAT AMERICA IS A BAD PLACE. I am not trying to start a war. I am not trying to rip the world in half. I am just trying to say that we are all entitled to our own opinion, and whether or not it is correct or not is our problem. But I just have a problem with america. I would love to go there and I know a lot of americans, all really nice, but my mind will not allow me to like america. I dont know why. yes.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 69

Out Of Luck

Smug Faces of Americans?? And you are European right?? Which means u look like us.. So what, do u hate looking in a mirror also.. If this is exactly how u feel then i seriously suggest going to see a shrink cause something isn't right in your head.
~ool

Nationalism sucks!

Post 70

FairlyStrange

I can accept that. Everyone has a right to their own opinions...and should not have to justify them.

These forums are placed to invite discussion, and as you can see, they perform this function very well. In this case I have used it in an effort to dispell some misconceptions and stereotypes of my countrymen.

You are welcome to accept or reject my comments. I can only hope that someday you WILL be able to come here and experience us first hand. Then, perhaps, you might change your opinion of us.

smiley - fishNM

Nationalism sucks!

Post 71

Out Of Luck

I agree with Strange.. I'm just trying to end the false sterotypes you are giving americans.
~OOL

Nationalism sucks!

Post 72

FairlyStrange

Please consider, if you ever make it over this way......I live in Alabama. That's one state in 50. My state is as large or larger than your entire country.......and it's a small state.(I am assuming you live in the UK)

Crossing the continental U.S. is very much like going from London to Cairo...in distance. Keep in mind the various cultures you encounter in those distances. (And that doesn't include the "swim" to Hawaii, or the backroad trip to Alaska.)

It's a very large and diverse country.....the culture you observe in New York is in no way similar to the ones you'll see in California.....and that's the biggest thing we like about it!smiley - smiley

NM

Nationalism sucks!

Post 73

Hoop the Mottle

Right on! We are a very large and diverse country.Come to Louisiana or West Mississippi and you'll find the Acadians who speak ancient French, cook "Cajun" and tell of the Pirates who came to this area years ago.Go to Pueblo Colorado and meet the Taos Indians, a culture unique and of their own and at least a hundred other cultures that thrive here and you'll get a sense of the vastness and diversity that make up this country.(I left out the Seminole Indians,and half a hundred other various groups)

On Nice Americans

Post 74

TowelMaster

How on earth can you say that everybody's equal ?
Why does everybody have to be equal ?
I do not WISH to be equal !!

Your very European,

TowelMaster.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 75

TowelMaster

Thank you.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 76

TowelMaster

I am so glad that there are some people who don't believe in "equality" as in the communist-idea for I am not and don't want to be equal to anyone else...
I am also grateful for some of our american researchers who do know how to temper their temper...

I must admit I am curious where this forum will lead but...
Don't you have anything better than just stereotypes? I mean do you really think that Europeans trust their politicians(as I read earlier here) ? Talk about stereotypes, ever heard of John Lennon, The Clash, Paul Weller, Sting, Kevin Coyne, Boudewijn de Groot, Mikos Theodorakis, etcetera..?

In Europe it is one of the goals of the true artist to keep the people awake. As far as I have seen(from a distance I admit) American artists are there to build history, because the U.S.A. doesn't have that much history yet...

Mark my words, in a couple of hundred years the people of the two continents will be alike. And the americans have started this change by bringing us Hollywood, Macdonalds, BurgerKing, Steven Spielberg, Disneyworld, etcetera. Is this a BAD thing ????

The circle is complete, I rest my case. There is no answer to this forum.

Yours truly,

TowelMaster.

Nationalism sucks!

Post 77

Rock on, Toweldude...equality sucks! smiley - winkeye

Nationalism sucks!

Post 78

TowelMaster

*bows modestly*

aaaaaargh america

Post 79

Arthur Phillip

I dont know whats wrong with communism. It sounds like a good idea to me, in theory. Just think, if we all shared for once...isn't that what they taught us in preschool?

Nationalism sucks!

Post 80

Arthur Phillip

Now just a second. Im a goddamn bloody american and I do NOT suck! I know some people who do, but on the whole, if you people i England or wherever you are think yourselves to be the rulers of the world, I would like you to think again. I have been to England, I have spent time in France, and there were more people who suck in France and England than there are in stupid bloody New York City for crying out loud!
And for all you people up there who were crying shame on us for being stereotypical about communists, you know alright, we were wrong! But don't you think you're being just a bit stereotypical yourself? More than ever now, the world is getting smaller. If I never told you I was american, how the hell are you to say whether I suck or not? It's Bagism, folks. Forget Lenin, let's move on to Lennon and I say he was right. Prejudice, stereotypes, racism...they happen, okay so they happen, now let's FIX them! The worst people in the world are those who complain and don't think it's their problem to fix what they were complaining about. So you think americans suck, well open up your eyes and ask an american what they think.

Key: Complain about this post