This is the Message Centre for pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

A disturbance in the space-time continuum

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - aliensmile

That's what must have happened with two items of post sent by people born on the same date crossing one anothersmiley - yikes

I hope you're not adversely affected, or if you are, that the effects soon wear off and you return to (smiley - erm) smiley - shhh"normal"

As soon as I don't have to swim to retrieve my car from the garage you'll have the requested photosmiley - evilgrin

My son thinks his pen-toppersmiley - aliensmile is brilliant, I love my 60th anniversary badgesmiley - smooch and I think you're wonderfulsmiley - loveblush

smiley - cuddle

I hope you smiley - love your exchange smiley - gift as much smiley - ok

smiley - martiansmile

A/GB
smiley - starsmiley - diva

Post 2

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

smiley - wow That was quick - sometimes overseas packages can take a really long time.

So, you don't think it was the cause of the rain do you - some slight imbalance in the STC? What with more alien-heads on one side of the globe than there were before?

I still haven't gotten around to the story about the 't-shirt from ohio' but I will. Meantime, stay dry

smiley - aliensmile

Post 3

(I can't tell you how much I enjoy the thought of roswell alien heads in cleethorpes - all made possible by the internet. just amazing)

Post 4

smiley - biggrin

We have a lot to thank the Internet for. The whole smiley - earth is connected now. As are the people who should be.
smiley - cuddle

I wanna picture of you in your hootoo t-shirt! ASAP!

smiley - winkeye

Post 5

You bet.

and speaking of t-shirts - here's how the whole thing started with the alien heads. Some time ago a guy dropped by my personal space - probably because of the Roswell entry - and saw the mention of the alien head antenna thingy. He left a post mentioning that he drove a ford probe with a license plate that says 'probed' and how he could use one of those antenna thingys. so i sent him one and he sent back a t-shirt from 'geauga county' ohio where he's from - it's a biker t-shirt of all things. however, geauga county (pronounced 'jawga') is mostly inhabited by amish farmers. so the back of the t-shirt says 'geauga county choppers - when two horsepower just isn't enough'. smiley - laugh

I wore it to the alien festival, and someone in a green alien costume came up from behind and said 'smiley - wow are you from geauga county?' - so I said no, and explained the whole thing to her - meanwhile, someone else came by and felt compelled to take a picture of the t-shirt.

Anyway, it's a very small world. smiley - smiley

I can't wait to see what kind of reaction I'll get with the h2g2 t-shirt.

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

So now you know where I got the idea that I ought to offer alien heads to the world at large.

smiley - biggrin

Post 6

smiley - rofl

I'll reply when I've stopped laughingsmiley - crysmiley - laugh

smiley - rofl

Post 7

smiley - wow the t-shirt arrived today smiley - somersault

(blue is my favorite color, btw)

Verrry nice - as well as the button and card. Thanks

I'll take a picture very soon.

Speaking of pictures, I have a very old fashioned picture in my mind of what seaside towns look like in England. Probably from imagining the Pooters on Bank Holiday - I haven't read any modern books that depict today's resort towns. But, I'm guessing that people don't still wear straw boaters or striped wool bathing suits.

Thanks again smiley - smooch

Post 8

Hoo-boy, work has been grueling. I mention this to explain why I haven't been as sociable as I like to be. As busy as things get though, I still pause sometimes to enjoy the thought of an alien head riding down the road on top of your car. What a world. Now if I can just populate the rest of it with styrofoam alien heads...

The other thing about work, btw, is the animals. Seriously. Today I was out surveying a fairly rural tract of land, and I had to potter about in a corner of a goat pen looking for a property monument. One particular goat was insistent about eating the tool belt I wore. As long as I stood watching it, the goat kept a sullen distance (of about one foot away), but the second I turned back to work it was at the belt. smiley - cross Honestly.

Well, it's late - g'night

Post 9

<< I haven't been as sociable as I like to be >>

It's the school holidays here and I can barely get on the PCsmiley - wah

I'm glad the t-shirt arrived OK and you liked the postcard & badge.

The image you just painted in my mind made me smile, we are Chinese zodiac goats, you know... *chomp* smiley - tongueout

Post 10

I was thinking about the Galaxy Zoo entry - you just sat down and knocked that one out didn't you? It hardly needed any changes - if any. You ought to consider submitting articles to your local paper - if you showed them this one, for example, I bet they'd be interested.

Just a thought.

smiley - smiley

Post 11

I wrote it on Suday mornignwhile my son had a lie-in. Took me a couple of hours, I've spent longer since adding links smiley - winkeye

Believe it or not, that's exactly what I intend to do when Andrew leaves school/starts work, writing is something I'm good at and when I'm inspired I have a good flow. I've certainly honed my skills while I've been on hootoo.smiley - biggrin

Thank you for the complimentsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Post 12

Hey gorgeous man on the FP all weekend! Yes, you! Did you ever take that photo of you wearing your hootoo t-shirt? If you did, how come you haven't emailed it to me?smiley - cross

If not, why not? Do I gotta get rough? *rolls up sleeves*

Sincerely, your smiley - earthtwin GB
smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

P.S. I like your tweaked PSsmiley - bigeyessmiley - ok

Post 13

As it happens, I'll be wearing the t-shirt all weekend in honor of the meet and I will certainly take a picture.

Thanks for thinking of that picture and suggesting it to the Eds. I'm just inordinately pleased with the whole thing. Btw, I got the idea for that pic when cl zoomer, who is a photographer, commented once on how rookie photographers tend to show up in mirrors inadvertently. smiley - laugh

I sure hope you're having a grand time at the meet

smiley - hug from your smiley - earth twin

Post 14

Hey it's 5am and I just got up! smiley - yawn (pardon me)

Just checking in for messages and stuff, I'll be on the train in 4 hours...smiley - bigeyes roughly 15 hours we'll be toasting absent friendssmiley - aleso whether it's with smiley - tea or smiley - cappuccino or smiley - cheers raise your drink and think of ussmiley - hugwe'll be thinking of yousmiley - smooch

I can't wait to see you in your hootoo t-shirt (I have some more to give away today)smiley - biggrin

Packed *my* camera: smiley - birosmiley - bigeyes

OK smiley - earthtwin I'm outta here, gotta do my beauty routinesmiley - diva

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddlelatersmiley - smooch

Post 15

Hey, I just found out something. On that new 'subscribed articles' feature - you actually have to click on 'more subscribed articles'. A minor glitch. Ok, a major one.
But it does work, after a fashion.

Oh, and I'm reminded that I haven't taken a photo of the h2g2 t-shirt yet. smiley - flustered I will though.

Post 16

Oh I didn't know that!smiley - yikes

Ooh, can't waitsmiley - boing

Post 17

*poke*

What's your excuse now?smiley - cross

Hey, I thought of you today when I was browsing the stall selling next year's calendars. I spotted one that was counting down to the end of Dubya's term in officesmiley - rofl

smiley - loveblushElvis smiley - musicalnotewas outselling everything as per usual thoughsmiley - ok

Post 18

My excuse? oh, work, as usual. However, today we close the office until the new year, so I only have to try and wrap up loose ends now rather than work outside until dark and then return to slave over the computer until I can't stay awake and then do it all again the next day.

What a relief.

Bosses are heartless slave-drivers - nevermind if you're your own boss - in fact, those are the worst.

Counting down the days until dubyah's departure? God I look forward to that. Except that he'll probably just get replaced by another dimbulb.

On a semi-serious note, I look at our pres and I think, well - a majority of americans voted for him - twice. it's a ghastly thought. i mean - take it at face value and you have to conclude that we're all idiots here. a majority of us, anyway.

I think I'll go have a look at PR now - I'll bet you have a few new entries I haven't even seen yet.

smiley - smiley

smiley - run

Post 19

smiley - yikes

Holy smokes - you've been busy.

Well, I better get reading then.

smiley - run

Post 20

smiley - biggrin

*waves*

There's 88 constellations, you knowsmiley - winkeye and to give peeps a rest from star-reading, I took 4 entries to sub on Thursday, (one of them was a Deke constellationsmiley - silly) and they were all done by last night.

Knife thru butter...smiley - whistle

What I need is a challenge I think. I would love to write about the Milky Way galaxy but I don't understand the mechanics. There's one Bible character I'm toying with writing about but that's still on the back-burner. Just don't mention Flea Market rescuessmiley - whistle

smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more