A Conversation for Hunter S Thompson

Demise

Post 1

Surrendermonkey

It seem this morning Hunter S Thompson has been found dead, with an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.

R.I.P. Hunter - the world will not know your like again.

Demise

Post 2

Narla C

I'm just bummed. I'm glad you are here and appreciate HST. He taught me that sometimes "good tellin'" is as good as the story. Sometimes better. G'nite Hunter. I am gonna miss you. Ack. sigh.

Demise

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

i was literally stunned when the news went out monday and couldn't even write for The Post this week. i first found hunter on the pages of Rolling Stone magazine and for the past four years he has been writing for www.espn.go.com in their Page Two section as "Hey Rube' and there is a published collection of his most recent sportswriting (and other things)called 'hey rube : blood sport, the bush doctrine, and the downward spiral of dumbness.'
according to recent reports, HST was cremated tuesday and wished his remains to be 'blasted out of a cannon.'
and, come to think of it, he was a blogger before there was an internet.
an eye in the eye of a storm.
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire

Demise

Post 4

felixvomit

i am again saddened by the loss of another great author...(note to other authors stop dropping off or i'll have nothing to read!!! thank you )

Demise

Post 5

several, a/k/a random

ah, but you could become an author yourself. hunter started with a typewriter and carbon paper, and they hadn't invented spellcheck, we used wite-out and a blue pencil.
smiley - musicalnote

Demise

Post 6

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I believe that there are plans afoot to blast Hunter's ashes skywards from a sculpture consisting of a collection of pipes topped with a two-thumbed fist.

"Two thumbs!" said Hunter, "always remember, two thumbs!" God knows why. - Ralph Steadman:
http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,6109,1419636,00.html

Apparently Johnny Depp has been in contact with some Hollywood pyrotechnicians.

Demise

Post 7

Simon Roberts

Very sad to hear of the end of possibly one of the greatest american writers.

Mutant Mushroom

Demise

Post 8

yamshark

Still a bit stunned about Hunter S. What a f**kin great guy!

Presume you've heard what J Depp is planning to do with his ashes smiley - cool

You must see the documentary "Breakfast with Hunter". It's a wonderful insight plus contains some great compliments to Hunter from his son. At least he got them in when he was alive.

See yah Hunter. You didn't know of me, but I certainly know of you.

yamsmiley - shark

PS - wear some golf-shoes, or else you'll never get out of here alive! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more