A Conversation for Bar Staff

Nationality

Post 1

manolan

There's one vital piece of information missing from the entry.

In every bar everywhere in the world (or probably the galaxy), at least one of the staff is an Australian smiley - smiley

Nationality

Post 2

Jan^

Good point, though they might be from New Zealand and very affronted at being mistaken for Aussies. The difference is obvious, Bruce. Pass the sheep dip.

Nationality

Post 3

Researcher 117922

Get off the crack buddy,Australia is a small place with out many people. Most bartenders are Irish (at least in America and presumably Ireland). I can't ever remember having an Australian bartender except maybe once in Colorado.

Nationality

Post 4

Kamorth

I have to agree with the irish thing... I live in a tourist town that's small (permanent population about 22,000, so not tiny, but small) with *counts* around 18 bars (not counting restaurants and cafes) and every single one has at least one irish or english bartender. I don't think there are any Australian bartenders here at all, and you'd expect at least a couple. I live in Taupo, New Zealand.

And yes, we do get offended at being mistaken for Aussies. How would you feel if you were mistaken for canadian, or american, or irish, or english?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more