A Conversation for Molesworth Books

Molesworth rools!

Post 1

Ormondroyd

Lovely to see an Entry on these great books, which helped save some of my sanity during my unhappy years at a horrible, reactionary Grammar School.
Wasn't there a follow-up book, some years after the original series, about Molesworth's life as an adult?

Molesworth rools!

Post 2

Drool Frood the Second

I too succumbed to burying myself in the Molesworth books when I was in secondary school.Weren't they great!!
I've got all of them somewhere.I really must check out my mums house and see if I can find them.Yes I think they are worth a re-read for old times sake.
Its great when someone jogs your memory of something that you have forgotten.Thanks.

Molesworth rools!

Post 3

Stealth Munchkin

Ther wos a follo-upp but it wasnt bi Geffry Willans who died chiz chiz, but was in fakt by Alan corren who hav a face lik a squished tomato.

Molesworth rools!

Post 4

Drool Frood the Second

wots this buks name then?

Molesworth rools!

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

Sadly I don't know smiley - sadface

I discovered The Compleet Molesworth when I was seven, and went on to read the whole thing cover to cover a few times. To me, back then, it was the greatest thing ever. I even dug out a few blank excercise books and went on to write my own version of it. Seriously, I still got 'em!

Methinks I want to start reading again smiley - smiley

Molesworth rools!

Post 6

Drool Frood the Second

I agree. I think I will go to my nearest bookshop today and see if I can get hold of a copy.

Molesworth rools!

Post 7

Mike A (snowblind)

I've got to 'How to be Topp in English' in the second book. The wit in here is genius. I love the bit about the vicar in the botany walk (1st book) smiley - winkeye

Molesworth rools!

Post 8

Mingus

Yes, but have you heard the radio serialisation?
better still, have you got a copy on tape? I'm longing to hear it again . . .

Molesworth rools!

Post 9

Mike A (snowblind)

No. My, that would be interesting. How old is this thing?

Classic stuff

Post 10

Zico

"you hav caught me sir, like a treen is a disabld space cruiser".

They don't write like that anymore.

Classic stuff

Post 11

Stealth Munchkin

The radio serialisation? I heard that yes... I'm sure the BBC Radio collection must have a tape out...

Molesworth rools!

Post 12

Jo

Is this the radio serialization you mean? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/375890/Down%20With%20Skool.rar

Not all the episodes are there - I didn't tape the first one because I didn't realise how good it was going to be - but most of it is.

Key: Complain about this post