This is the Message Centre for 11_3082 Tysbe Perich_(ACE)_

Another good search engine

Post 1

james007

I'm a fan of Mamma. And Kenjin. But Kenjin's not really a search engine, more a little program which looks at what you do and suggests websites based on it. Marvellous it is. Still. That is all. Thanks.

Post 2

11_3082 Tysbe Perich_(ACE)_

Righty-o, anything that in anyways helps to navagate the crazy web is considered to be of use. Thanks. smiley - smiley

Post 3

MadDog

google.com... good research web page

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Try http://www.savvysearch.com - it's a good metasearch engine, in a similar vein to "Ask Jeeves", but with a less polished interface. It searches more engines, though! smiley - smiley

Post 5

11_3082 Tysbe Perich_(ACE)_

kudos...Peet, I've never run across this one, ps thanks for coming to the space station

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

No problem, though next time you go leaving a "trail", you might bring a link along with you for the lazier browsers amongst us

Post 7

MadDog

BUT WHAT ABOUT GOOGLE?

Post 8

Outta

Try Alltheweb (www.alltheweb.com). It's lightning fast and very user-friendly.

Post 9

If you're a fan (or not) of Ask Jeeves!, you might get a smile from http://www.askjesus.orgsmiley - winkeye

Post 10

Sad news for Magellan users - it's been swallowed up by Excite, and now returns exactly the same results. It's a shame - Magellan used to use a completely different ranking system, and was handy for finding pages which didn't appear in other indexes... smiley - sadface

Post 11

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Google is good. I Google whenever I need to. Metacrawler is ok, but I prefer to Google.

Key: Complain about this post