A Conversation for How do I...?

GuideML - Forum Boxes - Help req'd please..

Post 1

Caspian

Hi there

I need help with the GuideML Forum Box; Essentially, I would like to put a forum box on my page so that users can type in questions, press 'post' and the questions will appear in new threads in the 'Ask h2g2' forum.

My problem is as follows; Here is the code:

Now, the 'forum#' in line 1 is self explanatory, but what do the values for 'thread#' and 'reply#' in lines 2 and three respectively need to be in order to create new threads? Any help you are able to offer would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Post 2

Anonymouse

Just for future reference, the 'official' place for GuideML help is at Bruce's Clinic, http://www.h2g2.com/A187229 , but you're always free to ask around anywhere, including here.

What you need to do is create the threads you want to link to, and then get the thread and forum numbers from that link. Does that make sense, or do I need to explain further?

'Nonnie

Post 3

Bruce

Eeeeek - I'm official? smiley - winkeyesmiley - bigeyessmiley - winkeye

;^)#

Post 4

Anonymouse

Of course you are! Didn't you see that hot pink
"Official Section Head" thingy on your page? smiley - winkeye

'Nonnie

Post 5

Bruce

Aaaaah is that what that is smiley - winkeye

btw I answered Caspian's question over at the Clinic - thanks for the referal 'Nonnie smiley - smiley

;^)#

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more