This is the Message Centre for J'au-æmne

hello

Post 1

Sabre

Hi Joanna,
Being fairly new around here I find that everywhere I go I see your name! I did buy a donut from you the other day (jam n sugar with choccy sauce, mmmm!) and I've been wandering aimlessly, as most people tend to do.
I'm very impressed with your poems; it looks like a lot of yourself has gone into them. smiley - smiley Also interested to learn that you're a first year physicist like me, though I'm at Nottingham rather than Durham! I don't suppose you know my friend Kate Whitfield, do you? By any strange chance...? (she does music)
Have a read of my homepage and leave me some messages to answer to!
Electronics labs now so I'll be back later.
Cheers
S

hello

Post 2

J'au-æmne

Hi Sabre... smiley - smiley
I do tend to be around rather a lot... but terms ended so I've had to cut down on time...smiley - smiley

I'm glad you like my poems, and you're right, there is a lot of me in them...
How are you liking physics at Nottingham? I saw you've written an entry on Quantum Theory, and I'm going to read it offline sometime tomorrow...smiley - smiley
I don't think I know anyone called Kate Whitfield... but there are lots of students... you don't know what college shes at? Because I probably wouldn't know her unless she was at my college, Hild and Bede.
I hope you enjoyed your electronics lab, I'm in the happy position of having no more praticals until next year... and I'm glad, I hate to say. I know that experiments are important, but its so irritating when they don't work...

Joanna smiley - fish

hello

Post 3

Sabre

Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule smiley - smiley to reply to me!
My entry on Quantum Theory is nothing special, and I'm sure there are a multitude on the subject already...

Still, never mind. I don't think Kate's at the same college as you and I'm struggling to recall anyone else I know from Durham... does the name Rachel Thompson ring a bell...?

You don't have any more practicals to do. Damn you!! (in a nice way of course! smiley - smiley) I have a computing and an electronics project to do when I get back which is definitely not a good thing. smiley - sadface And I'm not online as much as I could be at the moment cos of weird things like phone bills, even though are account with AOL myseriously runs on an 0800 number.

I'll leave you now - don't be away from those donuts too long!
S

P.S. Good to see you made ACE - you deserve it for all the hours you've put in! smiley - smiley

hello

Post 4

J'au-æmne

Hi Againsmiley - smiley
My shedule isn't busy... no matter how hard I try to convince people it is...smiley - winkeye
Phone bills are a nuisance, however ours is timed to come when I'm safely in Durham...smiley - winkeye And no, the name Rachel Thompson doesn't ring a bell... and I can't think of anyone I know who might be at Nottingham, either. smiley - sadface But nevermind.smiley - smiley

BTW I'm *not* online the whole time. honestly I'm not. I just happened to come on just after you'd posted.... no, really....

Joanna

hello

Post 5

Sabre

Of *course* you're not online the whole time. I believe you. Thousands wouldn't!! smiley - smiley
Did you look at the photos? I apologise if you already have; if not then I apologise for the time you do! Personally I think they're very good. Just not very flattering.
Well I'm off to write an entry on Halifax, where I occasionally live. It deserves some good PR anyway!
S

hello

Post 6

J'au-æmne

I'm very impressed with your pictures they are cool. Very impressive. smiley - smileysmiley - smiley
I'm going to a) learn to take photos and b) buy a scanner, someday.

hello

Post 7

Sabre

Learning to take photos is a Good Idea. It may come in useful in the future. Ross uses a digital video camera rather than a scanner, but a scanner would certainly do me!
Right I'm off. I've got a day to spend in Sheffield tomorrow doing some work with my father who probably wants me to take notes in his meetings again. Still, it's a living! smiley - smiley
S

hello

Post 8

J'au-æmne

Digital Video camera?
*looks impressed*
Enjoy Sheffield, I guess.

hello

Post 9

Sabre

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. I've been in a play this week with a local theatre group which I used to belong to. I went to visit them and they just dragged me in... you know how it is (possibly).

We were supposed to have our after-show party last night but it went realy badly and we ended up being thrown out after some people trashed the place... smiley - sadface NOT a good thing, let me say!

Talk to you soon - I've got to ring my godmother's brother (who's also my brother's godfather!) in Dublin in a minute to find out the possibility of me staying over there in the summer smiley - smiley. And don't be too envious of Ross' video camera (though it is VERY nice!!). Visit his page on http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~rgm99c/main.html which is extremely well put together, though I say so myself, and don't forget to sign his guestbook (which only has three signatures at the moment, one of them his!).

See ya
S

hello

Post 10

J'au-æmne

Hi Sabre,
While I don't know about plays specifically, I do know what its like to be dragged into performing in a concert in a group you thought you left...smiley - smiley

Trashing places should definitely be discouraged, at all costs... happily that's not happened at any parties I've been at... (does this imply I don't attend enough parties? hmmmmm...)

I shall sign guestbooks.... in the event that my beloved computer which really doesn't crash very often lets me... I've got a little polaroid camera, which produces teeny little photos, which I'm getting all my friends on... too small to do much with except make a little collage, so thats what I'm doing, but very cool, people don't seem to mind teeeeny photos of themselves so much....

Joanna

hello

Post 11

Sabre

A collage? What a great idea!
You've given me an inspiration. I shall go out and buy a camera right away!
(you can tell I'm stuck for things to do, can't you...?smiley - smiley)
S

hello

Post 12

J'au-æmne

smiley - smiley Inspiring? Me?? smiley - smileysmiley - smiley I signed your friends guestbook, btwsmiley - winkeye

hello

Post 13

Sabre

Thanks for signing the guestbook... here's a thought. He comes back from America tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great if loads of people he'd never even met signed his book...? Tell the world!! smiley - smiley

I'll get that collage sorted one of these days, like when I actually have some more pictures to use. You're very inspiring. Honest.
S

hello

Post 14

J'au-æmne

People don't sign guestbooks enough. I guess they're daunting, but people don't know what to say. Neither do I. I sign them anyway. Have you signed mine??

Sorry I've not replied for a while, last time I meant to bad things happened to the connection and by the time it was back up again I'd forgotten about itsmiley - sadface but I'm typing now, see?smiley - winkeye

So what did he think when he got back?

hello

Post 15

Sabre

Do you have a guestbook? I had no idea. Is it on your user page? Blind as a bat, me.
I've been away for a while but now I'm back smiley - smiley and it's back to uni again for me tomorrow. I've no idea what Ross thinks as I haven't talked to him but I will soon and I'll let you know. Promise!
S

hello

Post 16

J'au-æmne

I have one on my small off h2g2 site.smiley - smiley I don't go back 'till Saturday... I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Hmmm.

j

hello

Post 17

Sabre

Hi. Sorry it's been so long since I replied... electronics project takes precedence over h2g2 unforch! Ross says thanks for the guestbook message but he's changed it now so if you want to sign it again it's http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~rgm99c/main.html and you know where to go from there.

I can't believe it... I've got an approved entry!!!!! My diligent research on fencing (which consisted mainly of doing it for a while supplemented with people who had been doing it for longer) seems to have paid off. This is a Good Thing. Considering that it was the first entry I ever wrote, I can see there being a future for me on h2g2!

Talk to you soon,
yours in incredibly overweening pride,
S

hello

Post 18

J'au-æmne

*Looks Jealous*
I guess they must've rejected Durham Cathedral, I've been waiting 18 weeks for onesmiley - winkeye
Trouble is my email was being screwy so I don't know if the email went astray...

I signed ross's Guestbook again....smiley - smiley

hello

Post 19

Sabre

Maybe you should check your own guestbook...
S

hello

Post 20

J'au-æmne

smiley - bigeyes I knew there was a new entry but totally forgot to read it...
thanks!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for J'au-æmne

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more