A Conversation for What to buy the Person who has Everything

What to get the perosn who really does have Everything..

Post 41

Dan Streetmentioner

Well, if they have Everything then they still need Life and the Universe.

But I agree with the very serious suggestion that you make them something. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is, the point is you've taken the time to do it and it is unique so they can't already have it.

Which means they didn't have Everything after all. But then, of course, nobody does, that would be ridiculous. If you had everything then you'd have Microsoft, Jeffrey Archer, the Loch Ness Monster, etc., and clearly no one person is in possession of just these three randomly chosen (and quite unconnected) things. (Though I understand Mr Gates is considering making an offer for Mr Archer).

Post 42

brigid

something that really no one uses anymore-quilting supplies,a butter mold,a drop spindle unless of course they're in SCA or some such in which case they probably are missing some of the modern conveniences such as a self protective streak that allows you not to want to swordfight. then you could always give the exceptions some eycalyptus ointment (funny, I know how to make it but I'm not sure how to spell it).all of this failing a pregnancy bust in chocalate will do quite nicely

Post 43

Spot on Pete, alias The bearded one

I think the traditional answer is actually.....penecillin. But then if you already had everything you would presumably already have penecillin so the question becomes pointless.

Post 44

Bluebottle

What should the person who has everything get?
Why - burgled.
That way you can then enjoy giving him/her everything again with full confidence of knowing that he/she has no longer got it.

Alternatively, you could give them good insurance.

Post 45

Gildor

If there was a person who had everything, I would call them "God," shave my head and become a monk, build churches and cathedrals in their name, and dedicate my life to the worship of them. smiley - smiley

If I can't think of anything, I usually just get someone a book.

Post 46

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Could I suggest a comprehensive insurance policy...?

Post 47

Moonjack

If they already have everything, get them another one (fill in the blank), and then say you didn't know they had one already. Alternatively, what about all those things you see in stores that say "one of a kind"? Logically, they can't have one because it's obviously in the store waiting to be bought, and there's only one of them.

Post 48

Nyssa23

I recommend taking a cue from that old "Seinfeld" episode and making up a card for a fake charity fund which you can then claim to have donated a large sum of money to in that person's name. Fun AND cheap!!!

Post 49

Mr. Shower Touchie

I think all you people are missing the point. I believe the when H2G2 asked for our help, they were trying to get, dare I say it and lose any iota of respect as an oddling that any of you ever would have had for me, a straight answer. Once more I must suggest a voice recognition-powered attack robot. I ordered one for $90 from Damark for someone. And heck, if by some bizzare twist of fate they already own one, or even more, then it adds dramatically to the level of fun if they can pit them against one another! So there you have it; my very best answer.

Post 50

Antithesis

It doesn't matter what it is, it's the thought that counts, right? Then why not go the elementary school way and make a little paste-and-macaroni-noodle portrait of them on construction paper? (I think the mothers here at h2g2 would appreciate this most)

To be serious, though, chocolate is never in too great a quantity.

Post 51

Antithesis

Or me.
Yeah, I think I could use a George Harrison telephone. And speaking completely off the subject to those musically inclined... isn't it terribly difficult to find Yes merchandise anywhere?

Post 52

Alison

I bought the people I thought had everything a voucher for dinner at a nice restaurant!

Post 53

Mots

I'd make a song for the person with the help of my trusty guitar, Rando

What's a Perosn?

Post 54

Lord Xeen

How about an extra vital organ? A third arm? Bullet wounds? Or do those count as everything?

What's a Perosn?

Post 55

Chalaza Researcher 16977

I know I don't have any of those interesting items...but then again I don't have everything, so I'll just stick to a hand held battery operated I Ching/Calculator.

What's a Perosn?

Post 56

Notsteve (who is a bo selector)

I would like to attempt to close this question once and for all (although I am convinced that I will fail - nevermind).
We have already established that this being cannot possibly exist because it is not possible to own eveything because there are some things which are completely unique (such as this rather attractive santa hat I am wearing on this fine Christmas eve - whoever it is may have a hat like it but cannot own this one because I am wearing it (as has already been stated by numerous persons)).
But assuming this person does exist then it really doesn't matter what you give them because they already have it (regardless of whether it is unique or if you have paid for it etc. etc. they HAVE to own it because they own EVERYTHING. Everything that could possibly exist and even all the stuff that doesn't.
It does not matter what you give them because they already HAVE it.
They own everything...
EVERYTHING!
Q.E.D
Sic Probo.
Thankyouverymuch.
I shall take an absance of supplies to imply that evryone involved in this debate agrees with me (unless they are replies of agreement)

What's a Perosn?

Post 57

Moonjack

Just get them another one and say you didn't think they had one already. Works for me.

Post 58

Antithesis

I named my guitar Finn MacCool after that hero in Celtic mythology.

Post 59

Mots

I named mine, of course, after the Amazing Rando... i don't think he's Celtic

What the hell??!!

Post 60

Mr. Shower Touchie

Okay, as far as this forum goes, it's over, okay? If you haven't already bought him/her something, you're furked! Look at a calender! Mwahahaha!

Key: Complain about this post