A Conversation for Parsnips

support for parsnips

Post 1

Future Dr.G

I found the parsnip entry to be somewhat biased. I wish to voice my support for the humble, yet delicious parsnip. Its stealthiness should be regarded as a source of pleasant surprises rather than a threat to the palate.

support for parsnips

Post 2

bubble

I strongly agree with you. Roasted, deep fried or even made into lovely parsnip crisps. Add them to your bubble & squeak and you've a meal fit for a queen. However, my partner sympathises with the parsnip pooper as she used to loathe parsnips until the parsnip KGB infiltrated. I only wish you could get parsnip jam.

support for parsnips

Post 3

cloud purple

i too would like to give my support to parsnips, i think they are a rather lovely veggie. So much in fact that i have just planted some parsnip seeds in my garden to see if i can have my very own parsnip crop
I say hurray for the parsnip

support for parsnips

Post 4

Researcher 30870

Parsnips - hurrah! Just a delight with a roast dinner, especially when roasted in with the potatoes. They do look a little like potatoes when cooked, but it's a wonderful surprise to find one on the end of your fork.
Long live the parsnip.

support for parsnips

Post 5

smiley

Do you think we should start a support group for lone parsnip lovers, living in a parsnip hating world?

support for parsnips

Post 6

jonty

I feel that the researcher jim, is one of those people who would go in for bland tasteless food like tofu in water, or the frozen chook nutritious but BORING!. you must have flavour and texture. living in the antipodes i miss getting parsnips that have been frosted. for sweetness and texture.

support for parsnips

Post 7

Deek

Loathing Parsnips is not a modern day phonomenon. Parsnips have been hated for centuries and going on their current availability and in the general community you would have to say they thrive on the somewhat degenerate image they project. I therefor submit that to form a parsnip support group could only be detrimental to the parsnip itself. Casting it into a confusing and ultimatley costly (going on current prices of your average shrink) identity crisis. So to all those that really love the parsnip do it and yourself a favour and hide it in the potatoe. Whoever said change was a good thing!!!

support for parsnips

Post 8

Peri

There is something horribly rooty and fibrous about the parsnip. Where I come from the neep (a very close relative of the parsnip) is practically a mandatory food. It's not that they don't have their place, it's just that you have to kind of work your way up to them. Imagine eating a sprout by surprise. At least the sprout has the decency to be up front about it's special flavour. Perhaps we could engineer some kind of warning colour into the parsnip. How about wasp yellow.

support for parsnips

Post 9

Pest

so was it the Parsnip KGB that forced the well-known Russian novelist Boris Pasternak to change his name
from Boris Parsnip to the Russian version?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more