A Conversation for The Aces' Home Page

just an idea

Post 1

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
i realize you all are probably way overworked as it is
so suffice it to say this is really a suggestion for a future h2g2c2 probably

i just ran into a newbies page that looks like it is being used to advertise an offsite sexual blog...

and i was thinking maybe someones duties
whoever that someone might be.... not necessarily an ace

that maybe a duty could be keeping tabs on newbies activities like new entries
to make sure they are not doing what that newbie seems to be doing

...i just ran across it by accident
looking at the new entries list...

smiley - towel

just an idea

Post 2

Vip

Yeah, I saw that when ACEing at the weekend. Unfortunately the automated moderation system is broken. I emailed the Editors but even they are struggling to get things hidden properly.

smiley - sigh

Again, unfortunately there is not a lot we can do at the moment except keep on emailing the Eds and hope they can let the moderators know manually that there is a problem.

Thanks for thinking of us though, fluffy. If you see any more please do flag them for us so we can make sure nothing of this nature slips through our net.

smiley - fairy

just an idea

Post 3

Vip

They got back to me this morning and have now hidden it. smiley - smiley

Again, thanks for spotting it. Unfortunately I can't be everywhere at once. smiley - runsmiley - puffsmiley - run

smiley - fairy

just an idea

Post 4

Elentari

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise the moderation system was down!

just an idea

Post 5

Vip

It's really frustrating, because you click on the smiley - yikes button, go through the process, even get an email to say that the complaint has been received, except that it hasn't. smiley - grr

Glad to have helped!

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more