A Conversation for The Manics

Scream to a sigh

Post 1

Oscar

Manics rock... I'm surprised not to see more manics fans on here.
Manics fans obviously being the most intelligent music fans in the world (allegedly) and H2G2 being one of the most intelligent sites on the web (most of the time)... come on and lets see a proper mess of eyeliner and spray paint!
I might make a guide entry about the manic millenium gig as well (not that I've checked if there is one) but I'd want to know who was actually supporting them first... fingers crossed that Mansun will be there smiley - smiley
I'll be there anyway...
crucifix kisses...

Oscar

La Tristesse Durera

Post 2

i_am_an_architect

Amazing... i didn't think there _were_ any Manics fans on here. Manics fans _are_ the most intelligent ¦-) Are you going to the Millennium gig? I think Mansun are going, but unfortunately no Super Furry Animals. Oh well, at least the Stereophonics won't be there (hurray!)

La Tristesse Durera

Post 3

Oscar

there are a few around I reckon, although manics fans can be very shy as well as smart. I am going to the millennium gig... and if Mansun
aren't playing I'll just sit around and moo.
It would have been nice to have sfa or catatonia I reckon but you're right, the stereos would have just put me to sleep.

La Tristesse Durera

Post 4

i_am_an_architect

Yeah, most Manics fans are shy I think, I'm incredibly shy... I think I'd hate it if Catatonia were at Manic Millennium, I saw them supporting the Manics at Wembley Arena 98 and they were just incredibly dull. They were OK at V98 I thought, but they've just lost it.

So, do you have any plans for NYE, or are you like me and my mates in that we just have tickets and nothing else is planned?

La Tristesse Durera

Post 5

Oscar

True... catatonia were dull as ditchwater at reading I thought...
although it was funny watching how drunk she was smiley - smiley
maybe they'd get a bit more psyched up for a millenium gig and
also hopefully play some stuff from way beyond blue...
they would always look pretty tame next to the manics though.
I'm fairly shy... although thats about as vulnerable to swings
as my mood or just about anything... sometimes I just feel like
going up to people and asking them really wierd questions.
thats enough about that peculiar facet of my behaviour though smiley - smiley

manics millenium... I'm just going to turn up and get drunk I
think... not so much that I can't appreciate the music though.
It would be nice to be near the front and mosh a bit but I dunno
if I can be arsed. got to the frong for mansun at reading but I
think being at the front of a manics gig is a different thing
altogether. I'll be there with a couple of friends as well so
I'll try and keep an eye on them to stop them from getting into
trouble smiley - smiley I'd really love to meet people there though so thats
mainly why I started writing about it on here.

Conscience bounds you in chains

Post 6

i_am_an_architect

I don't think Catatonia are going to be there though... and for some reason whenever Cerys is asked about the Manics by the weeklies she always says she hates them... well that's gratitude for you.

I think I'm gonna be drunk for Manic Millennium too... still don't know how I'm getting there. I was at the front for the Manics at V99, it was fantastic (except when I got kicked in the head during A Design For Life - damn crowd surfers).

I don't think we'll be able to mosh, I believe it's all seated, which is a shame. Perhaps we could have a riot and rip all the seats out?

Whereabouts are you travelling from to get to Cardiff? And do you know how you're getting there or where/if you're staying overnight?

Adrift in cheap dreams

Post 7

Alcoholic Demi-God

Looks as though mansun will not be playing at the millenium gig, me and architect look forward to hearing you moo.

Adrift in cheap dreams

Post 8

Oscar

oh pants... yeah, just seen that on the mansun web page smiley - sadface
mooooo-eeoooo-oooo
lots and lots...
oh well... am going to have to undergo serious hypno (listening
to the radio) therapy to start liking Shack obsessively instead...
should still be great though smiley - smiley

Numbed out in piss towns just wanna dig their graves

Post 9

IAmAnArchitect

I'm not really interested in the support bands to be honest, I'd prefer it if it was just the Manics. But, important news here: http://www.dotmusic.com/news/December1999/news12433.asp

Apparantly the Super Furry Animals WILL be playing the gig. Brilliant!

I actually heard a Shack song the other day, it wasn't that bad. I've got a few of their tracks on free CDs with Melody Maker, NME, Q, Select etc. Maybe I'll start listening to them.

Now all I need is for my friend to buy the train tickets. Fool.

Numbed out in piss towns just wanna dig their graves

Post 10

Oscar

Cool... sfa are groovy... I want chicken costumes smiley - smiley
shack I'm not sure about, they certainly have the
music press pleased at the minute though by the sounds
of it. Did you hear masses against the classes on
radio 1? smiley - smiley

I'm tired of giving a reason

Post 11

IAmAnArchitect

Super Furries are great! I wanted to see them at V99 but they were on Saturday, and I was waiting at the front of the main stage for the Manics, so I missed them ¦-( Not sure about Shack, but Feeder are excellent, saw them at V98.

Regarding Masses, yeah I heard it. I really like the sound of it, more like the You Love Us days. Shame the lyrics are a bit poor. I taped it, and I'd put an mp3 up if only my PC worked (the hard drive died, I'm using the University PCs which don't have mic sockets). However, reading alt.music.manics, some people claim it is crap, some like it. Still, a billion billion times better than anything played on commercial radio these days (except this morning. They actually played Creep! (censored version))

Only one day of University left, only 15 days until New Years Eve. Can't wait!

Because the future is what we believe in

Post 12

IAmAnArchitect

Regarding the Super Furries, there is no mention of them in the 'official line-up' press releases, or on the Manics or Super Furries websites. So I'd assume they won't be there. Although it WAS written in Melody Maker that they would be there.

Seems the official line-up is:

Patrick Jones (reading poetry at a rock concert? I know he's Nicky's brother but...)
Feeder
Shack
Manics

plus a DJ set featuring DJs from the Heavenly Social. Can't wait...

But in the end, I'm only going for the Manics, so I'm not really bothered about the support.

Post 13

Jimi X

Hi i am an architect! You don't need the placeholders to make spaces in your user name., unless you like to have them there. Anyway, no one can say 'hello' properly to you until you write something on your home page.

Something to consider! smiley - smiley

Post 14

IAmAnArchitect

I like the placeholders, i use them for my Yahoo chat name etc. so it's ME.

Also, I haven't created a home page because I already created one, it's just I can't access it from University. I'll change it as soon as my PC is fixed.

Mmmm, fish smiley - fish

I am nothing and should be everything

Post 15

Alcoholic Demi-God

Sorry to appear un-hosptible Jimi but F**K OFF!! This forum was created to talk about the manics, not the pedanticism of punctuation.

Week and half to go, game on!

I am nothing and should be everything

Post 16

Jimi X

Maybe you'll recognize this sound...

silence

Hmmm...

Post 17

IAmAnArchitect

Hmmm...

What's the point of arguing? If you want to slag someone off, make up a Steps guide entry and slag them off. They deserve it more.

Finally, everything's sorted, only 9 days to go and I've finally got something to look forward to.

Don't know if you know this, but Masses isn't limited to 10,000, only to the number ordered by shops. It will be deleted on the Monday.

Hmmm...

Post 18

Oscar

only got my ticket last week smiley - smiley
had me a little worried...
thinking of buying a sleeping bag when I go to cardiff
so I can queue for hours asleep and then giving it to
someone so I don't have to carry it around...
dunno.

Not too bothered if I get a copy of masses...
I'll quite happily make do with an mp3... I only buy
singles/albums if I think the artists still deserve
the money and after that toilets business I don't
think they do smiley - smiley

looking forwards loads to saturday though... really
really need to get my train tickets.

Jimi I think you could grow up if you tried smiley - smiley

Hmmm...

Post 19

Jimi X

No fun in growing up Oscar...
Besides, when somebody tells me to F-off, my natural reaction is to give them a heavy dose of silence. smiley - smiley

I was only trying to tell i_am_an_architect that nobody can welcome him to h2g2 properly (a la the ACEs) until he put something on his homepage....

And enjoy the show you all! smiley - smiley

- X

Only 4 days to go

Post 20

IAmAnArchitect

In this season of goodwill, I say Merry Xmas everyone, and hopefully we'll have a blinding New Year's Eve.

I've updated my home page now, hopefully it should now work.

Only 4 days to go! Woo-hoo!

Key: Complain about this post