A Conversation for Alabaster House

Presidential Tea Party

Post 1

Hypatia

*Madame President arrives with a very long to do list and an assortment of helpers. She glances at her crew and sighs.*

There is plenty of time to get things ready - as long as you do your jobs and we don't have any of the regular foul-ups.

Feathersham!

Presidential Tea Party

Post 2

Lt. Col. Clive Feathersham, OBE

Present!

Presidential Tea Party

Post 3

Hypatia

Take Edgar with you and start bringing tables and chairs outside. They are stored in that large closet off of the main ballroom. There are several table trolleys there to use to move them.

Presidential Tea Party

Post 4

Lt. Col. Clive Feathersham, OBE

On my way. Glad to be of assistance. Pity Pettigrew isn't back in time to help.

Come along Edgar.

Presidential Tea Party

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

*The King arrives complete with royal hoover smiley - erm any cleaning needing doing? smiley - ermsmiley - tea

Presidential Tea Party

Post 6

Edgar Allan Poet

Coming.

When you need a helping hand
Your wish is my command
Be it night or be it day
You can count on me to stay

Presidential Tea Party

Post 7

Hypatia

Excellent timing, Your Majesty. Could you perhaps work out a pleasing arrangement for the tables? Not too close together, but not too far apart. smiley - smiley

Presidential Tea Party

Post 8

Fiona

With your permission, I'll see to polishing the tea service. =)

Presidential Tea Party

Post 9

Ms.Jacqueline Schuster

What do you want me to do, Hyp?

Presidential Tea Party

Post 10

Hypatia

Lovely, Acetegan. Thank you. smiley - smiley

Jacque, dear, you are in charge of table linens. You will find them in the smaller linen cupboard near the main dining room.

Presidential Tea Party

Post 11

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

Houndstooth and I are off to the kitchen, then. We have a lot of tea cakes and sandwiches to make. No time to waste.

smiley - chef

Presidential Tea Party

Post 12

*begins arranging the tables and gives a quick hoover underneath smiley - ermsmiley - ale

Presidential Tea Party

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

croquet is to be played on the table, because tea is being served on the croquet lawn just now

Presidential Tea Party

Post 14

Hypatia

Wolfgang, my mouth is already drooling in anticipation. Please tell me you are going to fix some of those fabulous crab and ginger triangles you made for the inauguration ball. And maybe some raspberry eclairs.

Presidential Tea Party

Post 15

Fiona

*Locates the fluffy cleaning cloths and starts on the polishing, then*

=)

Presidential Tea Party

Post 16

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

Your wish is my command, Madame.

Presidential Tea Party

Post 17

Hypatia

When Leo arrives, we will put her in charge of place settings.

Speaking of croquet, I am sorry you all missed the croquet matches played last summer at the Presidential Meet in the Ozarks. You'll have to ask Bagpuss about the chicken hat. smiley - evilgrin

Presidential Tea Party

Post 18

Hypatia

Matt will be in charge of actually securing an Italic for the party.

*looks at her day planner......three meetings today, the last should finish at 2:30am GMT....that gives me enough time to get back to Alabaster House to oversee last minute details and get all gussied up.*

What does one wear to greet an Italic, anyway? Do I need my tiara? smiley - tongueincheek

Presidential Tea Party

Post 19

Well... I was* planning on wearing my tiara smiley - biggrin

Presidential Tea Party

Post 20

Hypatia

There is no reason for both of us to wear our tiaras. smiley - silly I'll wear a nice summer hat, instead,

Key: Complain about this post