A Conversation for Famous Film Quotes

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 121

Deek

Well, at risk of giving it away, the fight on the train between Red Grant and James Bond in 'From Russia with Love' qualifies... Brutal.
Ooops!
A.M.smiley - smiley

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 122

Wolfie

Well either everyone's on holiday or they've run out of ideas!! So, to get things moving again, here's a couple, both said by the same character in the same film - should be pretty easy:

"I do wish you wouldn't say that!"

"Do you mind if I smoke?"

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 123

Wolfie

And here's one that I was reminded of the other night. Not from a film this one, but you should all know it anyway:

"Counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor? Death's too good for them."

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 124

Mycroft

That'll be the Vogon Captain in H2G2 last night...

Next :-

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of stinking chip oil?"

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 125

Duncan

Hi ya'all. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

I must admit, you guys have me pretty flummoxed.....I haven't gotten any of the answers to your recent posts. smiley - erm

Here's an easy one:

"It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car."

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 126

Wolfie

Hi Duncan, welcome back to the wonderful world of quotes!! I see that you haven't lost your talent to pick those really familiar quotes that I just cannot place. Dammit.

As nobody has even attempted to guess my two ("I do wish.." and "...mind if I smoke"), I'll tell you that they were both said by Fenella Fielding in Carry On Screaming - which is, IMHO, the best of the Carry On's.

So, Duncan, any clues to your latest? Like, what was the car?

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 127

Mycroft

Duncan, that'll be Batman in Batman smiley - smiley

Now answer mine, dagnammit! smiley - winkeye

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 128

Base 13

Actually, its "Batman, Forever" smiley - smiley
Here's one: "You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company."
And another: "Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
smiley - nahnah

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 129

Duncan

I know the first one: Keenan Wynn to Peter Sellers in DR. STRANGELOVE ( or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb ).

P
EOP
O

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 130

Roundley The Terminator

I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that the "meat popsicle" is a Fifth Element quote. I think it's Bruce Willis responding on behalf of the guy next door/cross the hall, who then gets anhilated. But I'll have to watch it again to confirm.

:o)

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 131

Roundley The Terminator

But then I think it might be Bruce Willis replying on his own behalf--damn, I will have to watch the movie again now.

My offering: who said...
"We're on a mission from God!"

(Actually, that's probably too easy. Two people said it in the same movie. I'll accept either.)

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 132

Wolfie

I like the easy ones!! That was Jake and Elwood Blues in... oh what was that film... oh yeah The Blues Brothers smiley - winkeye

Ok here's another one (to be fair, this one is from a song that featured in one of my favourite movies..)

"I coulda been a lawyer, but I just had too much heart.
I coulda been a surgeon, I like taking thungs apart.
I coulda been in politics but I've never been a big spender.
And me.
I coulda been.
A contender."

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 133

Roundley The Terminator

No idea, Wolfie. I get stuck on some unnamed boxing movie (Raging Bull?) where the main character missed out and cries out "I could a been a contender." ... or something.

How about:

"Do I look like the kind of guy who follows politics?"

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 134

Base 13

Ahh yes, that little ditty is from Muppet Treasure Island (gotta love the Brando pirate smiley - smiley )
And DR. STRANGELOVE and the 5th element are correct.
Lemme see now.....
"Damn your eyes!" "Too late!"

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 135

Wolfie

Eazy peazy lemon squeezy! That little exchange is Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein.

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 136

Wolfie

Sorry. That was a bit childish wasn't it? (although, what do you really expect from someone who quotes lines from Muppet songs smiley - smiley).

Roundley, I'm completely stuck on your politics one. Any chance of a clue?

In the meantime, try this:

"Can we have your liver?"
"But I'm still using it!"

Cheers

Wolfie

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 137

Roundley The Terminator

Yours is from "The meaning of Life". If I recall correctly, Eric Idle asks Terry Gilliam for his liver, as he's an organ donor card holder. But I may have the wrong actors. That is shortly before the excellent song about intelligent life.

A clue on mine, hmmmm... let's start obscure ...

The same actor also said: "I'm goin' to get med'evil on your ass" in another movie altogether.

And in a third movie, the same actor requested "Thinking machine laptops".

That should point out who said it. But I'll all need three movies now too.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 138

Sher, android psychologist, specializing in mattress swamp post-traumatic stress syndrome

Hello all, mind if I play?
I have enjoyed the quotes so far!
OK Roundley, I think I have an answer:
The actor is Ving Rhames. The laptop quote is from Mission Impossible; the "med'evil" quote is from Pulp Fiction, and I believe your mysterious quote could be from Dave?

Here's one for you:
"Compliment her shoes. Girls like that"

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 139

Roundley The Terminator

Oh, Sher!

New blood. Correct actor, but you got the wrong movie for the original quote. Ving was never in Dave (his filmography is at: [url removed by moderator]).

See if you can get the movie.

On your offering, it sounds really familiar. I'm thinking Something about Mary, but I'll come back to you if I can crystalise it.

Quotes - Who said them?

Post 140

Wolfie

OK Roundley, I'll bow to your superior knowledge that Ving Rhames wasn't in Dave, but there is that black guy who plays Kevin Kline's bodyguard who surely does remind me of Ving Rhames. And it surely sounds like something that character would have said. More help needed on that one.

As for the shoes one, was that Tom Hanks to Dan Ackroyd in Dragnet?

Cheers

Wolfie

Key: Complain about this post