A Conversation for Nottinghamshire, England, UK

Peer Review: A6030479 - Nottinghamshire, England, UK

Post 1

U168592

Entry: Nottinghamshire, England, UK - A6030479
Author: jam ye - [nouns, phonetics and anagrams - OH MY!] - U168592

Think this one is about finished. If anyone has anything more to add just let me know smiley - smiley

Original challenege h2g2 thread here: F150575?thread=1146684

MJ

A6030479 - Nottinghamshire, England, UK

Post 2

Paully

Excellent work here! Great to see Nottinghamshire in PR at last... smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 3

U168592

Thanks P. smiley - biggrin A work of passion smiley - laugh Anything to add out of interest? smiley - smiley

I think a downfall is the amount the article is about Nottingham, but I'm happy to add more about other areas if people can give me the info!!

MJ

Post 4

Paully

How about a few comments on the local media - didn't Central TV make a lot of programmes for the ITV network out of the Lenton Boulevard studios? I think the recent revival of Crossroads came from there... [oh, the shame!]

Which BBC/ITV regions is Nottinghamshire in? What are the main radio stations? Newspapers?

I don't *think* you've specified which counties border onto Nottinghamshire, and it would be fab if could could find out some info about demographics - how many people live there, that kind of thing.

Very well done!

Paully

Post 5

U168592

Cheers P smiley - smiley I'll add some of the local media information, but I have listed the other counties around Nottinghamshire in the first paragraph smiley - winkeye

smiley - ta again,

MJ

Post 6

U168592

Rightio, have added some media info and demographics. Any more suggestions out there smiley - huh

MJ

Post 7

Calliopes_Sleepy Face

Found this before you finished but I was too wrapped up in Caroline Chisholm to remember.

Being relatively new to the site I was unsure whether you would be able to link to the Boots site (advertising?) but here is the link http://www.boots.com/home.jsp but if you can't use this I found a little note about Jesse Boot on the BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/spotlight/celebrity/celebrity_b.shtml

Being a life long Nottingham resident I am pretty fed up with Robin Hood and feel that people like Boot, Raleigh, Byron and Lawrence have been too long overlooked.

Anyway there's my 'isn’t Nottingham awful' rant over with for today!

smiley - fishsmiley - hsif

Post 8

155white6

BBC & ITV both split Nottinghamshire in two. The southern half is BBC East Midlands and ITV Central, the northern half BBC North and ITV Yorkshire. Thus no one really knows if anything is happening in Nottinghamshre as all the TV channel think the others are covering the stories!smiley - winkeye

Post 9

U168592

smiley - laugh Well I knew there had to be a reason why TV coverage in Nottinghamshire was so pants! I'll try and thread that in somehow if I can.

Thanks for the links apc, think got most of those covered. Never been sure of advertising really, but I think as long as noone can buy anything from the direct link, I believe it's okay. Perhaps a Scout or Ed in the know can clear that up?

Anything more to add here?

Post 10

echomikeromeo

I think that's correct, MJ.

Post 11

U168592

smiley - boing

Post 12

JulesK

Hi MJ,

Good one smiley - smiley

(Putting me to shame as I haven't done my county entries yet...)

This: 'The major cities within Nottinghamshire are as follows' needs to say 'cities and towns' as some of those listed are towns not cities smiley - ok

You can hire bikes and ride on trails through Clumber Park, done it a few times myself.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 13

Paully

So do you think this one might be about ready to head off to Peer Review? smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 14

Ormondroyd

Well, I think it's about ready to head *out* of Peer Review and into the Edited Guide! smiley - tongueout

Excellent work, MJ! smiley - applause

Post 15

Paully

[slaps self]

Hurrah!

P

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 17

Skankyrich [?]

Well done! smiley - bubbly

Post 18

Ormondroyd

Congratulations MJ! smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly

Post 19

frontiersman

Congratulations, MJ,

Your usual thorough research and presentation has paid off again!

f.smiley - cheers

Post 20

U168592

Sandshoe!! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post