A Conversation for The Café

Smile! it's good for you!

Post 81

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Scrabble is great. I don't have a strategical talent, though, and my vocab is exceptionally low for someone who did so well on the SAT verbal section

Post 82

Courtesy38

Greetings all, a hot chocolate please.

Maybe we can start a Scrabble section off of the Chess club?

Courtesy

Post 83

I suppose you could, though I think it'd be hard to deal with. I mean, how are people going to "randomly" choose scrabble tiles on H2G2?

Post 84

Courtesy38

Ahhhhh, my ingnorance of scrabble comes to play very quickly. I guess we could just trust people, but I have to admit that I have no clue how to play. smiley - smiley

Courtesy

Post 85

BluesSlider

Morning Courtesy smiley - smiley, haven't run into you for a while. Are we on the IIEM? If so I'll have a double espresso as a wake up call.

I figure the only way you could play scrabble on line is to develop a random letter generator that allocates letters to players.

Post 86

Courtesy38

Morning Blue -

Yep I haven't been around in an active sense. I've made the decision to stop being a lurker though. smiley - smiley Just getting back into the swing of things now.

How's life?

Post 87

BluesSlider

As you can tell by the delay in posting, occassionally distracted by w*** smiley - smiley, but other than that, fine.

Post 88

Babel17

Morning All,
*pops behind counter and puts v/_|3 on.*
Tea anyone?
Ook:OOOK?
No Ook, no tea for you, you keep burning your lips.
IIEM give me 2 canteloup melon and a bowl of water.
Ook take them out onto the porch and eat there please.
Good Boy. *Ook shables off to the porch, quite content*

Post 89

Bluebottle

I'd like a smiley - coffee of tea, thanks. smiley - smiley

Post 90

J'au-æmne

Lemon tea please, IIEMsmiley - smiley

*takes c)~(*

Hi everyone smiley - smiley

*withdraws into corner*

Post 91

Bluebottle

What are you doing in a corner?

Post 92

J'au-æmne

Withdrawing.smiley - smiley

Post 93

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

She's probably a Scorpio.

A L Special please *grabs copy of Guardian and her order and goes to favourite table*

I can't think how you could play scrabble in a forum unless everyone knew each other's letters. You can have a lettermaster with a real bag of tiles who announces what letters you get, and everybody updates a real board. Of course, only two can play at once, so we'd have to structure it as a tournament... I think I have a good vocabulary, but I have lousy luck at letter drawing. smiley - sadface

Post 94

Abi

Joanna - I am having trouble emailing you. Are the Durham servers down?

Post 95

Bluebottle

What's being a Scorpio got to do with anything???
*Knows nothing about horror-scopes and wants to keep it that way, so please don't answer the question*
The County Press is out tomorrow....
And we're meeting up on Saturday - so everyone not going to the meeting should have a chance to see H2G2 work if many of the regulars aren't there!

Post 96

Andromeda

Joanna says there's been trouble with JaNet, and you could try emailing [email protected] or [email protected] but she doesn't understand it since she's just recieved email from BB... But she also says she'll never understand the internet ever so there's no point trying.

smiley - smiley

IIEM, I'll have some coffee please.

Post 97

Andromeda

Oh, Joanna says she now has the email, Abi, and Lil, she's a pisces, although she took a personality test which told her she was a scorpio.

Needless to say as a result of that neither she nor I put much faith in astrology.
~smiles~
But then again they did name a constellation for me. Perhaps I should give it another thought...

~joins Joanna in the corner~

Post 98

Garius Lupus

Hello folks.

Sounds like Joanna is having trouble communicating - she is now seems to have an official spokesperson.

Could I have a majik tea, please?

How much longer are you around, Irv, before you go off for the summer. And when are you back?

Post 99

I leave here saturday, but who knows, I might have to unplug my computer friday night. So this being thursday I don't have long smiley - sadface

School starts again in August. I should be in and out before that, but if H2G2 continues to be this slow I'm afraid it will be mostly out. I won't have this nice, fast, free connection next year, so who knows how long I'll be spending online. Certainly not as much time as I have this year...

~Irving

Post 100

Garius Lupus

Yea, it really seems slow lately, due to the huge influx of newbies. Anyone know what happened?

Key: Complain about this post