This is the Message Centre for Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi, Mikey!

Post 341

dim26trav

Well dim12trav is finally employed. Not woth any agency either but directly. So what if it is small out of the way company that has 40 people, it is a technician job. Yeah!!!! (Lytech) by the way it has a web prescence too.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 342

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Oh, yay! That's awesome! Is it full-time?

How are your kids doing? Seems like you had a son who was about to finish high school or something, although I'm awful at remembering details like that.

smiley - cheers
Mikey

Hi, Mikey!

Post 343

dim26trav

Sorry about the delay in responding. Not only is it full time and direct (no agency) but it is flex time! I do my forty hours and (assuming there is no emergency) I get to go home. 4-10hr days or 5-8hour days. Either from 6-2:30 to 10:-6:30 as long as I get my time in and the production gets done. So far it has been the earlier time frame.

Yes my son is due to graduate from high school. At the end of May though I will be going down to Arizona and making the moved with my wife. She has been working for the Arizona state penitentiary in their cooking facility and those skills can be transferred to Oregon at more than twice the pay scale and additional benefits too. Imagine going from $8.00/hr to $18.00/hr doing the same thing in a different location.

As you might surmise I haven't been very active on the hootoo board lately. I now spend time on two other boards so I must begin to divide my time better. Seen any good movies lately? Mostly they have been dreadful. I did see "The World's Fastest Indian" nothing about native Americans but the Indian motorcycle and the Bonneville salt flats.

Good luck with everything I'll keep in touch regularly.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 344

aceblack

hi mikey how you doing ive never knowen so many people that are so clever im realy priverledged to be on h2g2.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 345

aceblack

hi mikey just to say how you doing and enjoy the ride.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 346

Hi, aceblack! smiley - cheers

I'm having a good-ish day, yourself?

Glad to hear you're enjoying h2g2!

smiley - cheers
Mikey

Hi, Mikey!

Post 347

That's awesome about the job, dim! And it sounds like this will work out really well for your wife as well.

Nope, I have not seen a good movie in forever -- in large part because I never seem to sit still for long enough to watch an entire movie. smiley - winkeye

Hi, Mikey!

Post 348

loonycat - run out of fizz

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say...

It's a lovely sunny day here.
Um, what is your fascination with diseases?

Hi, Mikey!

Post 349

Plaingrandma

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say... New to this site...I was looking for a recommended book called hitchikers guide to the galaxy...not sure what this site is about.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 350

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say... All is well here,down south a bit... . Loved our warm summer..and it looks like a dry fall...My favorite time of year.. But the red berries on my English Hawthorn tree look so fried up....I meant to type "dried" but fried works,also...I have a couple of squirrel nest in my trees and they really eat up the berries, as do the birds,I think...so I hope they are not too dried up for them....I even let the hose run a long time for it last week..... Have never felt like I needed to do that before..... ..........BUT what I really wanted to say is::..I wanted to show someone the pictures you took at the Pub at the End of the Universe in Portland on SE 28 at our Soggy Towel Meet in March of '05, remember..?? http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F2016526?thread=611013 But I get the message ""Not Found....I can get Amy's pictures up......If you have them and could send them to my e-mail address that would be great.... [email protected] ... But it would also sure be nice to still have them on h2g2...Did they get edited out because it looked like we were having just TOO much fun...??? ..

Hi, Mikey!

Post 351

Hi, Ginger!

I think once upon a time my soggy towel pics had been up on typepad -- but since I don't use that any longer, they are over at my flickr account. Here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dietcoke/sets/72157594276764964/

I'll email this to you, too, just in case you don't check here.

smiley - cheers
Mikey

Hi, Mikey!

Post 352

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*snags link to put in Soggy Towel Meet pictures threadsmiley - thief*

Hi, Mikey!

Post 353

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

Thanks a million$$$ Mikey...Now to get my son to make some cpoies...I'll try my printer and see how they come out.. But my son is very good at stuff........ And Hi Amy..I read your postings a bit, but I do not say much.....In fact I stayed away from hootoo for months because it is so easy to spend loads of time here, and I love to, But time flys...Have you found a job yet...?? Hope it will be something you like.... It is very good to work a bit.... It rounds out our perspective .....But I think mothers should have a weekday off from work often to be home and should not have an 8 hour day {at work} .....10 to 2 would be heavenly...But, well...Best wishes to you both.....by for now....It is good to keep in touch...which is what "Our Founder" DNA had in mind for the world.... .... smiley - bubbly ... .. .

Hi, Mikey!

Post 354

lucyandhershoes

Hi, Mikey! I just read your article on h2g2 about alternative menstrual options, and I'm not sure how h2g2 works, but you had a list of referenced sites. I use a website called www.daisyboxonline.com and was disappointed not to see it mentioned. It's where I buy my sanpro products from, and it covers not just some but nearly all of the products you mentioned, (and offers information, etc. etc.) I thought you should add it on there if you can - just because it could be a really useful one-stop-shop for people interested in using alternative products like I do! It's a site that's really changed my life, at least!
Lucy

Hi, Mikey!

Post 355

On h2g2 -- and especially for Edited Guide articles -- we don't make recommendations for where to buy something, or provide links for that. There are tons of great websites out there selling these types of products, but linking to them all just isn't what Edited Guide articles are for.

smiley - cheers

Hi, Mikey!

Post 356

fluffykerfuffle

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say... Hi, Mikey!

Hi, Mikey!

Post 357

Hi fluffy! smiley - biggrin

Droppin by to say "Hi!" to Mikey

Post 358

dynamicjeffy

hi, can we chat?
smiley - smiley
nice meeting you!

Droppin by to say "Hi!" to Mikey

Post 359

Hi there, Jeffy -- how's it going? smiley - biggrin

Hi, Mikey!

Post 360

kitrona

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say...

I liked your article on fibromyalgia. It was well-written and well-researched. smiley - smiley

- kitrona

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more