This is the Message Centre for Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi, Mikey!

Post 261

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I forget, have I mentioned that I'm Catholic? smiley - cheers

Hi, Mikey!

Post 262

crazythompson

hello mikey. just browsing round h2g2 and came across your site. haven't a clue where i'm going, and probably won't find you again. so just a quick hi and be on my way.

DUBREYSsmiley - wah

Hi, Mikey!

Post 263

hi there and welcome, crazythompson! any questions about how things work here?

smiley - cheers
Mikey

Hi, Mikey!

Post 264

therealpugwash

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say...really enjoyed visiting your "Space"smiley - biggrin Am new to h2g2 so still finding my way around. Hope to visit you again real soonsmiley - ok

Hi, Mikey!

Post 265

Hi there and welcome, pugwash! Glad you liked my space. smiley - biggrin

Do you have any questions about how things work around here?

smiley - cheers
Mikey

Hi, Mikey!

Post 266

dim26trav

dim26trav here: This job I have is with HP and I am working in a clean room in a "bunny" suit bonding the print heads. The bunny suit holds my sweat so when I leave the room and take it off, my hands get all red and sticky. (S-100 clean room if your curious means no more than 100 particles of .5 micron dust per cubic meter of air in the room) WOW is right. I didn't know it until I started but the place on the ink cartridge where the ink comes out is an actual "IC". I am currently trainning on days but will be on the graveyard shift afterward.

Unfortunately my first pay check will be at the end of the month. They pay twice a month and hold back one pay period so I work for a whole month before I get my first 8 day paycheck (my first week was only three days worth.

Thanks for staying by me during my ordeal

Later.

Tom

Hi, Mikey!

Post 267

Why on earth do they hold back your first paycheck? That's nuts!

Have you ever had to work graveyard shift before?

smiley - cheers

Hi, Mikey!

Post 268

dim26trav

Just the conditions of woring for the agency. Most company's hold back... most just one week though. This company pays twice a month though so what would have been my second payday will be my first.

I have also learned that this corvallis plant will probably close in 2007! So the best I might do would be two years here! So I might just start now to learn my next trade, thinking about preaching.

So, it goes...

Hello and thanks

Post 269

ZacharyKZH

Hello and thanks for the comment. I understand that it is rather hard to understand something you have no previous idea about, like reading a quantum physics book when you are an expert in arts.

I would welcome comments about how to make it more comprehensible to the layman. I've already tried my best to include all the basic facts about it and trust me, it is hard, after mastering a language for about a decade.

So, all comments welcome, including negative ones, and if you need to know anything about Malaysia or South East Asia in general, I'm ready to help.

Hello and thanks

Post 270

dim26trav

Zachary I dont see any connection with this thread did you maybe send it to the wrong person?

Clarify you meaning if you will.

Hello and thanks

Post 271

dim -- this is just a thread on my personal space -- anytime anyone posts something in the box on my personal space, it shows up here. That's why the thread is so long.

I had commented in a Peer Review thread of his, and he was stopping by to thank me for my comments, which was awfully nice of him.

smiley - cheers

Greetings Mikey

Post 272

A passenger on lifes journey through the void

Like your personal page v. much, just joined and am looking to start my personal page. would love to know how to greet a new guest with their name, if you have the time to tell me

best wishessmiley - run

Greetings Mikey

Post 273

Hi there!

In order to do it, you need to put your personal space into GuideML first -- why don't you do that, and then come back here and I'll help you add the bit that shows the person's name?

Let me know if you have any questions about how to use GuideML for your personal space.

smiley - cheers

Hi, Mikey!

Post 274

It's illegal in Oak Park, Illinois, to cook more than 100 doughnuts in one day.

Hi Mikey, How is it that you got to do all this cool stuff with your page. I'm new to H2G2 as I just recently discovered it in a footnote of a new copy of HGG. Things have been cool so far but I feel like I have so much to learn.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 275

Huh, how many times do you get asked that question I wonder?

Hi, Mikey!

Post 276

Is there anything specific you want to know how to do? smiley - cheers

If you ever want to take a look at the GuideML code someone used to create their personal space, just replace the "U" is their user number with "testuserpage" up in your URL bar. For example, to see mine, you could look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/testuserpage99875

smiley - cheers

Hi, Mikey!

Post 277

Thanks I thought it was a cool page in general and then my second comment was in regards to the fact that right above what I had written someone asked you a similar question.

Hi, Mikey!

Post 278

Bearevan

Hi, Mikey! I just wanted to drop you a note to say...

Hi, Mikey!

Post 279

Kat - From H2G2

To say not a lot! smiley - yikes However as a newbie who you replied to about scouting I shall assume they are just dropping by to test out the shiny buttons that h2g2 has to offer smiley - laugh

Hi, Mikey!

Post 280

dim26trav

I like your new front page, I just dont seem to have the flare for guideML to make such fancy work.

Question: Since I am now a temporary employee of H-P through my agency, and it has become very appearant that this assignment will not be a long one. I began a new job search today. I've been told that it is always better to search for work while one has a job than waiting until it is over. This assignment just pays so little and many of the ones I've seen pay almost 50% more. So I hope that you will not condemn me for doing this. What do you think?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more