A Conversation for H2G2 ADDICTS SUPPORT GROUP

Clean Cups

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

My brother arrived via Amtrak from Virginia Beach and went to bed early, so here I am, sneaking online at the first opportunity. Anything for virtual pizza...

3AE, I have about half a dozen letters from the Civil War era, most of them written to my great-great-grandfather, who kept a general dry goods store in Pennsylvania. Two are in old-style German and I gave them to the Montgomery County Historical Society. I look forward to hearing the translations.

But my own research has centered on the military relicts of my great-uncle, who was a corporal in the USMC from 1901-1905 and who served in the Philippines. So I'm a sort of military history buff, too. I will be happy to talk more about this with you, but suggest we start a separate conversation. A distinct title about military history might attract other like-minded buffs.

I have done hardly anything on the letter because of the Billy the Kid project, though. I expect Billy will dominate my time and attention at least through the end of the year.

And it's an excuse not to exercise. My brother is going to do all the major lawn work while he's here, and watching him will be sufficient workout smiley - winkeye

Lil

Clean Cups

Post 2

Researcher 93445

Ah, good to be back in clean quarters. Pass the coffee.

I envy people who can track their relatives back even as far as the civil war. The paternal line in my family doesn't go any further than lost records from the 1880s. So it goes. Anyhow, maybe that's why I got a history degree, a sort of vicariouws fascination with the past.

And I knew you'd never be able to stay away from this place. Any more than I can.

Clean Cups

Post 3

third asst. eng.(deuce of clubs)

Wow waht a clean room.

You know the gratest thing about going to collage? no more yardwork a shudder at the mere mention of mowing or weeding :::shudders violently::: But the sown side is of course this research paper that keeps me off h2g2, but hose are the breaks. Thank goodness for weekends though.

Me and some friends are going out on one of the university boats later today to go fishing wish me luck. (thankfully the recent cold waether has killed off most of the mesquetioes)

will write more (maybe) when we gwt back.

Clean Cups

Post 4

Researcher 93445

And then twenty years after college, when you've finally got a good successful job that you can do at home...yardwork becomes a very attractive alternative to peering at the computer for one more hour. Especially if you've got acres and acres of yard. At least, it's worked that way in my case.

Enjoy the fishing. One of the nice things about this area is that there are NO mosquitoes. Ever.

Clean Cups

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If I showed up, mosquitos would, too.

The only constructive alternative to screen trance down here is fishing leaves out of the swimming pool with the net-on-a-stick. Like dishes, you always find more to do every time you go back.

Lil

Clean Cups

Post 6

Researcher 93445

Naw, I'll bet you could visit here with no skeeters. In general, this area is really great if you don't like bugs. No mosquitos, which means no heartworm vector, so no need to stuff heartworm pills down the dogs. Even better, no fleas (there's something about the fine dust that's fatal to them, apparently).

On the other hand, we had plenty of flies over the summer (a horse pooping in the pasture tends to encourage that), a few wasps, and tons and tons of ticks, which do all too well here. The latter are the reason that we're breeding guinea fowl now. Supposedly they like to gorge themselves on ticks. If that's the case, we're going to breed a LOT of them.

Clean Cups

Post 7

third asst. eng.(deuce of clubs)

I am very glad to say that although we have teradyctale sized sqeeters there is no problem with ticks. I had my fill of ticks in the applichian area 4 years ago. The fish were biting pretty good but we did not keep any. Additionaly I am going to sit for a limited license in the very near futare so the small bout handeling was good practice (small being about 44') ahh now I supose I am just stalling before I start on that term paper. ach wollmen I guss I had better get to it. Oh here I brought jun-you-wine texas tacos. Share and enjoy.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more