A Conversation for Meet the H2G2 Researchers for SETI@home

Still active?

Post 1

Kipple

Is the administrator of of the h2g2 Seti@Home project still active? The list of members has not been updated, as far as I can tell. (In other words, my name is not on it even though I followed the proper protocol {up to this point}.) smiley - smiley

Cheers!

Still active?

Post 2

Kipple

I feel an additional administrator would be a benefit to the h2g2 Seti@Home project. smiley - smiley

Still active?

Post 3

MedO

Agreed. This looks dead as a Dodo since more than a year.

Still active?

Post 4

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Allo. I just started Boincking SETI@Home for the Richard Dawkins group but, as I'm Boincking Rosetta fr them too thought I'd switch to h2g2 for the SETI. Is this still a going concern?

Still active?

Post 5

MedO

Well, the Guide Entry was already a bit outdated before SETI@home switched to BOINC. There are a few active crunchers in the h2g2 SETI group, but there is no real community there (or I just didn't find it smiley - winkeye). I think that's a bit sad, because most of h2g2 (to me) is about the active and friendly (and weird) conversations you find here.

Maybe some more people will join and we can revive the group somewhat.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more