A Conversation for Redditch, Worcestershire, UK

No Subject

Post 1

Glaws

Sounds great! How do you get there?

How do you get there?

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

Depends on where you're coming from. If you're coming from abroad, try to get a flight to Birmingham Airport (the closest airport). Then hire a car and take the M42 (sign-posted London, amongst other places, 'cos the M40 splits off and goes that way). Keep on the M42 until you reach junction 3 (sign-posted Redditch). At the top of the slip-road turn left on to the A435 and stay on this road until you see signs off towards Redditch.

If you're coming from the South-West of England, M5 and then M42 are your best bets. From the South-East, get on to the M40 somehow; this merges with the M42. From the North-West or Western Scotland, M6 followed by M5 or M42, depending which junction you use to get off the M6. From the North-East or Eastern Scotland, M1 and then M42.

If you want to come by train (I don't advise it, but it's your choice) Redditch does have a station, but you'll need to change at Birmingham New Street. Unless they've changed things, trains to Redditch depart from platform 10.

BE WARNED. If you're going to drive to Redditch, you must know the name of the district you want to visit, otherwise you are liable to get hopelessly lost. Once you get onto the Redditch dual carriageways, follow signs for 'All Other Districts' until you see the name of the district you want, then follow those signs. I know I said Redditch was car-friendly, but I didn't say it was driver-friendly. Waiting time for driving tests in Redditch is short because nobody wants to take their test here!

I know your question was sarcastic/ironic/tongue-in-cheek, but I wasn't doing anything much so I answered it anyway! smiley - bigeyes

How do you get there?

Post 3

Glaws

That's fine M5, M42 I'll remember. Anything to get it off the least visited site!

How do you get there?

Post 4

Cheerful Dragon

It's still there! We need more postings!

How do you get there?

Post 5

Glaws

Funnily enough, one of the girls at work had to go to Redditch today, your directions came in very handy.

How do you get there?

Post 6

Opinionated Lurker

I failed my driving test in redditch (big suprise)..I went
down the one way street by the new fishermans catch/police station
the wrong way...(is it off yet)

Redditch

Post 7

LimBo

Redditch is a delightly fully disgusting place. I live in the area named 'Church Hill' Probably called that because you can see a church on a hill from everywhere in 'Church Hill'. In fact, you can see that very church from my bedroom window.

If you really want to find it, go to your local planning office with a torch, make your way to the basement and find a lavetory with a sign saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.. you will find it in there.

I am quite suprised that Redditch got a mention actually.

Redditch

Post 8

Glaws

Whats delightly fully?

Is it off now?

How do you get there?

Post 9

Cheerful Dragon

Thinking about it, if you're coming up from the South you can also get to Redditch via Bromsgrove (can't remember the Junction number, but it's on the M5 somewhere, just before the M5 joins the M42). Alternatively, if you do go on to the M42 you can come off at Junction 2, which is also sign-posted for Redditch. Turn right at the island at the top of the slip-road; this puts you on a dual carriageway, the Alvechurch by-pass. At the end of the by-pass turn left towards Redditch. Go straight on at the next roundabout you come to, then start watching the district sign-posting.

How do you get there?

Post 10

akaHonoraryBrit

Changed my mind about posting here.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more