This is the Message Centre for Slacker

Finally...

Post 1

Slacker

...got some time to do something useful. Approved a bunch of articles for h2g2, re-organised my home page, and ripped out the offensive ref-counting code in my project management software. The sad thing is, once I'd removed it, it only took about 10 minutes to duplicate the functionality/ intelligence it was giving me. D'oh! I'll listen to Rik next time. So the undo garbage collection was really easy...so we didn't need to use hidden nodes in CorelXara after all, which would have saved us a load of grief. In summary: Bugger!

Finally...

Post 2

Gleemonger

Mayhap I'm a bit thick, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying your writing very much, and I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate to say so.

Incidentally, a) is there any upper limit that you recommend for the length of submissions? b) has anyone yet suggested a co-incidence dictionary that links events on Earth to events in The Book (but happened, obviously, after they were written)?

Finally...

Post 3

Slacker

Thanks - but if you're referring to guide entries I've approved, then it's mostly the people submitting them you should compliment.

As for upper limits, no, not really. Most submissions tend to be on the short side, actually. A few long ones would be quite good. The one on Australia is quite long - have a look. Were you going to do one longer than that?

As for (b), the answer is no.

Tim

Finally...

Post 4

DyerWulff

???????????????

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Slacker

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more