This is the Message Centre for Metal Chicken

Visitors book

Post 61

Metal Chicken

Hi Sludge, that's going back a while but I did read all the books in that series and mostly enjoyed them. I seem to remember it took a while to get into as he set up several different storylines, then got absorbing in a dark fantasy kind of way, dragged on a bit in the middle but had me rapidly turning the pages as the action raced towards the end. The overall memory is that he had loads of ideas, developed them in interesting ways, wrote pretty well but at times it felt like I'd never get to the end...

Visitors book

Post 62

Sludge McBain mild mannered manager by day, the WINGED AVENGER by night

I know what you mean about the ideas.

There were so many story lines at once, I lost track several times. Lol

When I had finished the series, I was 'mulling over' the story lines and realised he hadn't finsished a few of them off. I can't remember which ones now, it was a while since I read them as well. smiley - smiley

I wouldn't say the books dragged, it was that he had developped so many different plots, which caused him to pad out too much. Because of this, the neding was too quick, he seemed to choose the easiest possible solution to the situation.

I did enjoy the books, though.

Have a good one...

Sludge

Visitors book

Post 63

Blue Bird

Blue bird was here on the last day of July 2005 g'night smiley - sleepy

Visitors book

Post 64

arizonadavid

hi from az.

Visitors book

Post 65

chinese-lily

a deep-down romantic? interestingsmiley - loveblush

Visitors book

Post 66

chinese-lily

it "reads" like you all know each other and i am trying hard to piece things together.smiley - sadface

Visitors book

Post 67

AlsoRan80

Hi Metal chicken,

This is alsoRan calling.

Did we not meet aeons ago? I think so.

But as I am now in my eightieth year perhaps it was a brainstorm. which incidentally I experienced last week called an TIA and which totally confused me.
Having signed your book I am now going to go back to reading your page.

Very kind regards

AlsoRan80
Christiane.

Visitors book

Post 68

Metal Chicken

Hi AlsoRan,
Yes, I'm pretty sure we have met quite some time ago and I'm certainly familiar with your name (with all its various numbers).
I'm not so active on site these days but still look in every day to see what's going on. After 9 years on here, the hootoo habit is hard to break and with all the good writing and interesting people to talk to, it's not such a bad habit to have!
I'm sorry to hear of your TIA, that must have been a frightening and disorienting experience. I wish you well for a good recovery.

MC

Visitors book

Post 69

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Hi MC,

Long time no squeak!!!

You stare down on e every day, as the Photo-capture of the H2G2 exhibition with you gripping the controls has pride of place over my computer desk... A well spent £10.00. smiley - ok

The only ones of that Meet I'm in regular contact with are B'Elana and GB, although I've met fords and Dr E twice since.

I hope you are well, and pop by sometime!

smiley - smiley

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Visitors book

Post 70

AlsoRan80

Hi Metal #chicken.

It has now been rediagnosed as a Global stroke with involvement of my carotid arteries. anyway, I must say that I feel very good on osme days and some days rather tired. But I have had a wonderful innings. ""

Go well,

Christiane
AR80
{PS I had to change the number each time I lost my password. !! or rather forgot it. !!

Visitors book

Post 71

AlsoRan80

Hi MMF,

Aren#t y9ou the friend I met at the Barbican /

I always think you are and remember that meeting well.

as you can see I have been confined to my marvellous flat overlooking the channel. I would love to go to a concert again. I have not yet found which channel of the TV bRoadcasts them. I used to know when i lived in 7 Oaks but have not yet found it However I have at last found the Australian Open so am well pleased.

Go well.

Christiane
AR80

Visitors book

Post 72

Metal Chicken

Hi MMF, Yes, that was a good exhibition and a good meet smiley - smiley I've not been to many meets since, be good to come to another do 'down South' sometime. We're opposites on the contact front though as I think I've probably been more in contact with Fords and EV than GB and B'elana although obviously I do see them around.
Life keeps getting busy but I hereby resolve to do more posting and writing this year. At least some journal entries and something for the Post if not the EG.

Hi Christiane, good to hear from you again. smiley - smiley I'm not sure if the confirmed diagnosis is better or worse than the original one, but nonetheless I hope your health continues to pick up with more good days than otherwise. Best wishes.

MC

Visitors book

Post 73

AlsoRan80

You know my dear friendMC.

I actually do not much care. !!

Wonderful the acceptance as one grows older. Am just rushed trying to do the things that I still want to do and not getting around to it. Now my son and I both want toereturn to Africa. !!

The worst is the dreadful silence on the side of the family.

Anyway. C;est la vie.

Christiane.

Visitors book

Post 74

AlsoRan80

Dear Metal Chicken,

How great to meet you - again I am sure. Did we not meet in the early part of this century? I seem to remember not only the Peak district but also the classical guitar and the lovely music that you enjoy.

I must away and have my breakfast. I have been having a wonderful time with an long lost friend whom one of my newer friends found for me, and have neglected my breakfast. !!
I do not remember your gliding episodes. I must admit that is something which I would have loved to have done - I think!!. very very holistic as far as blending into the hills and countryside I should imagine. Are you launched beomg given your "lift" at the end of a single engined plane? Or do you float "drop" off a mountain. ?

sincerely,

Christiane
AlsoRan?

Visitors book

Post 75

AlsoRan80

Dear Metal chicek

Apologies for the typing errors. My eyes are really bad at my great age, so I must be more careful when I edit my missives. !!
CNE
AR80

Visitors book

Post 76

AlsoRan80

Oh dear Metal chicken,

I was just trolling back to my Space, and find that we have already spoken.

My goodness, that is proof positive that my short term memory has gone- disappeared - into thin air!! It would seem as if I have really "lost" it.

Are any of my hootoo friends going to be able to cope with this.? Each time I get excited about meeting someone whom I have just "re-met" again?

My darling husband Dick used to say

"getting old is not for sissies"

Goodness was he right.

Well I hope you will tell me about the gliding. at least |I remember that. !! I think!!

Christiane
Ar80

Visitors book

Post 77

Metal Chicken

Hi Christiane,
Lovely of you to drop by again, whatever the reason smiley - smiley

The Peak District, clasical guitar and music are all very much still part of my life. Gliding is more of a fond memory now, I just don't have the time for the long days on a Peak District hillside at the gliding club. I miss the flying though, silent except for the rushing of the wind, following the birds to find the best pockets of rising air to keep the aircraft aloft, looking down at the wonderful countryside.

At my club, we launched the gliders by means of an airfield long cable attached to a winch at the far end of the field. As the motor of the winch turns, the cable is wound back in pulling the glider across the field at a rapidly increasing speed. When you're going fast enough the glider rises into the air and you can release the cable and fly off. I suppose you could say it's like being catapulted into the air. Other clubs also use little powered planes to tow the glider into the air, but my club didn't have that option.

MC

Scunthorpe 1974

Post 78

maintenance_engineer

I disabandoned gliding long ago.
I thought I disabandoned petrochemical / chemical industry also.

Some villains put me back in to an old story from 1974 where I was a youngster.

Surfing around and consulting some knowables I am short for additional stories of the event of 1974.

It seems everybody in Scunthorpe remembers a lot.

Feel like talking about this topic?

Then feel free

Key: Complain about this post