A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

One c|_|

Post 201

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

I don't know why you would have a smiley - sadface by physics! it is smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley to me and to kitty too

PPPPPUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see - he agrees

One c|_|

Post 202

J'au-æmne

I can understand.... physics is a bad place at the moment.

One c|_|

Post 203

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

only because lecturers don't tend to accept heisenburgian answers until your final year.
you'll discover then that you can miss out factors of 2 and pi here there and everywhere and get it all marked right in the end
you can even get rid of all the intricate constants written to n decimal places and just say "oh that's about 10 to the 10" and get a "scale analysis" answer.

One c|_|

Post 204

J'au-æmne

I'm already at the 'this is quite good, less than 50% error' stage in my astronomy labs...
...but assuming I'm going to make it though this year, I still need to use all those irrtating one-over-four-pi-epsilon-nought constantssmiley - sadface...
And Heisenburg gets me. Not as badly as last week, but still...

One c|_|

Post 205

Menza

It sounds like you need another smiley - stiffdrink before bed. smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 206

J'au-æmne

I do! I was just about to ask for one....smiley - bigeyes
How are you... you've not been around for a couple of days...

One c|_|

Post 207

Menza

Took the evening off yesterday, and there were *problems* with today.

One c|_|

Post 208

J'au-æmne

*problems*?

One c|_|

Post 209

Menza

Please refer to the journal entry that I just posted. smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 210

J'au-æmne

You need a smiley - ale

One c|_|

Post 211

Menza

Thanks, don't mind if I do

*pours smiley - stiffdrink and smiley - ale*

And your drink too, I forgot earlier.

One c|_|

Post 212

J'au-æmne

Thankssmiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 213

Menza

Do you think this forum is getting a tad long?

One c|_|

Post 214

J'au-æmne

I can still load it fine. But then again I am not a representative sample.
Joys of uni computerssmiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 215

Menza

Maybe I'll leave it a bit longer. smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 216

Ormondroyd

Hi there! The smiley - ales are on me today! A Drumroll for me and whatever they'd like for everyone else. smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 217

Menza

Isn't it good that the licensing laws don't apply here? smiley - smiley

*pours smiley - ale*

Here you go Ormy, congrats on the new job. smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 218

Ormondroyd

Thank you! I half-suspect that I've just dreamed the last 12 hours. The new job is confirmed. I check the post and find a sorely-needed (and overdue) cheque for some past work in it. Tuesday evening footie and my lot win 4-1, and on the way back I bump into an old friend who is now working for a top PR company and will thus now be able to send me some cool free CDs! Tuesdays aren't supposed to get that good! smiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 219

English Ben

Thanks for the update, deuce of clubs. I'll have a go at the proper glass - a smiley - ale of Baz's Bonceblower, if you'd be so kind. So what are the pub activities here: pub quiz / darts / pool?
Also, June Tabor_does_ have a website: she played at the arts centre where I work (and she's a lovely person, BTW), and her address was printed on all the promo literature: www.flemtam.com/jt.html
smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

One c|_|

Post 220

Ormondroyd

Thanks for the tip, Ben. I tried the URL you supplied and it's not a June Tabor site as such, but a page on her booking agency's site (which probably explains why I couldn't find it before). However, you do get a couple of nice pics of her, some press quotes and a brief biog, so it's definitely better than nothing, and into the Website Jukebox it goes. smiley - smiley
BTW, if you work at an arts centre where people like JT perform, then you are indeed a lucky life-form. Cheers! smiley - ale|_d smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post