A Conversation for The GuideML Clinic

how to enable GuideML on my info page?

Post 1

Mr X {he who hasn't yet thought of a really cool name}

hi, i'm writing my first page, my use info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/U183134

i've just about worked out some basic GuideML but I can't enable it, the preview is fine if i select the GuideML radio button but when i press the update button it's just plain text again!

i'm asuming the 'change style' button should swap between plain and GML but it doesn't seem to do anything for me...

any ideas???

cheers.

Post 2

Silly Willy

Make sure you press the radio-button for GuideMl and then click Change Style (and be careful 'cos it adds another set of <body tags).

The GuideML looks very good though smiley - smiley

smiley - silly

Post 3

Mr X {he who hasn't yet thought of a really cool name}

cool... now it works!!!

I'm sure i tried that combination of radio buttons and change style but then again maybe i didn't!!!

cheers for you help mate! smiley - winkeye

Researcher 183134 smiley - smiley

Post 4

Silly Willy

No problem smiley - smiley

Post 5

WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

I'm extremely confused. I tried to do some really basic GuideML on my user info page and nothing is showing up. All the kinks have worked out - no more error messages - but I'm not seeing the fruits of my labor. Worse of all, I've gone and edited my first and only guide entry to GuideML and it's not showing up either (A620245 - Knowing Bell's Palsy) and it's currently in Peer Review. Will this disable someone from seeing it? Help! Help! Help!

What do I do from here?

~Wink

Post 6

Ottox

Looks like you've got some and tags in the entry. Get rid of them, and it should work. smiley - smiley

My guess is, that you have used the test function and then cut&pasted? That will work, but only if you remember to remove those tags I just mentioned.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more