This is the Message Centre for Fizzymouse- no place like home

Messing with my memory

Post 1

Fizzymouse- no place like home

There was nothing worth watching on the television earlier this evening so I was flicking through and found a Tommy Cooper Christmas Special on Channel 5.smiley - applause

I always loved Tommy Cooper and thought - I'll watch this, it'll remind me how good he was and how great Christmas was when I was growing up.smiley - senior

Anyway, to cut a long story short it was pretty abysmal. It was funny in small parts but for the greatest part it was ..... average. To make it worse the music acts to make Christmas complete were ....... are you ready? ......... can you take the suspense? ..........

Clodagh Rodgers and Sacha Distel.smiley - headhurts

I remember the 1970s as being way more fun than that - I think I'll avoid any further trips down memory lane and stick to the clip shows where at least they show the 'best' of memories.

smiley - mouse

Messing with my memory

Post 2

Beatrice

Nostalgia aint what it used to be, eh?

Messing with my memory

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Ah, yes. I had such moments when watching some of the old series (Flipper, for instance) with my children. I thought: OMG, this is Awwwwful. smiley - rofl

Messing with my memory

Post 4

smiley - laughBel, I too loved Flipper and Skippy and Champion the Wonder Horse. They're all pretty dated now. Perhaps that means we're pretty dated now too?smiley - senior

There's probably a very good reason why they don't make tv shows/Christmas Specials like they used to - they're crap!smiley - winkeye

smiley - mouse

Messing with my memory

Post 5

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Fizzy, we've been watching Morecambe and Wise recently with the boys, we *always* skip the musical acts smiley - winkeye

Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen, anyone?

Thought not smiley - run

Messing with my memory

Post 6

My blood runs cold at the thought of them.smiley - brr

smiley - nur

smiley - mouse

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Fizzymouse- no place like home

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more