A Conversation for Why James Bond is Lucky

Charm/luck

Post 1

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

He gets to utter really cool phrases like the immortal one 'The name's Bond......James Bond' and make it sound really cool, most times, unlike the rest of us. Somehow the phrase 'The names Macleod....David Macleod' just doesn't have that essential sexy sounding ring to it, and alas, doesn't seem to lead to the same result. In fact, most times, quite the opposite. smiley - smiley

One thing I don't agree with however, is his preference for martinis. The phrase 'shaken, not stirred' doesn't seem to have anywere near the sexual connotations of 'stirred, not shaken'

Not forgetting the ability to come up with some really quick-witted phrases while going through the annihilation stage of his enemies. The only other characters I know with such a quick turn of phrase are Schwarzennegger in his action movies, and Chandler from the series friends.

Charm/luck

Post 2

Researcher 33337

Ah, but for the witty response while in teh process of being tortured/attacked/killing henchmen the best bond is roger moore who can come out with the most tastelessly funny phrases after he has dispatched a nasty. Notably, none of the girls, even the most simperingly stupid ones who quake at a gunshot find that disturbing.

Charm/luck

Post 3

manolan

But I still think the best line of all goes to Auric Goldfinger:

"So, Goldifnger, do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die."

Just love it.

Charm/luck

Post 4

Researcher 33337

That one is a classic

Charm/luck

Post 5

Random person

He says 'shaken, not stirred' and not the other way round because martinis are normally stirred, so he wouldn't have to ask for this. However, shaking a martini chips the ice and makes it melt faster, so Bond is actually drinking weakly alcoholic cold water and being awkward about it.

Charm/luck

Post 6

Si9mon

Theres good reasoning behind this, he does not get drunk while drinking these. very handy if you need to have your witty wits about you, dont you think? smiley - bubbly

Charm/luck

Post 7

Random person

Then be honest and order a d*mn mineral water, don't be so bl**dy pretentious.

Charm/luck

Post 8

Si9mon

Drink a vodka martini. Drink a mineral water. They do not taste the same.

Charm/luck

Post 9

Random person

I don't drink, and always got the impression that the point of alcoholic drinks was the alcohol, and that the taste was to be put up with. Sorry.

Charm/luck

Post 10

Si9mon

He'd also look a bit of a pussy asking for a non alcoholic drink.

"My names Bond... James Bond. I'll have a carrot juice thanks."

Charm/luck

Post 11

Si9mon

He'd also look a bit of a pussy asking for a non alcoholic drink.

"My names Bond... James Bond. I'll have a carrot juice thanks."smiley - bubbly

Charm/luck

Post 12

Random person

As the guy who just said he doesn't drink, thanks for that.

Charm/luck

Post 13

Si9mon

No offence to you intended, it was a james bond specific statement. You cant have a superspy who doesnt drink.smiley - bubbly

Charm/luck

Post 14

Researcher 33337

I don't know, I mean, not every alcoholic drink works. Pint of theakstons wouldn't. A lime bacardi breaser is definitely off, It has to be a sippable drink with a long name. Similarly humourously named cocktails are way off, in fact, Miniral water could be doable if he said something like "McNaird's pure sparkling springwater, no ice and lemon" ok, not so much of a ring but excellent product placement opportunity. (Trust me, got a mate wo works for smirnoff, they did sctually want to change it to smirnoff martini)

Charm/luck

Post 15

Yanichka

James Bond? Not being pretentious? Imposter!

Charm/luck

Post 16

Gavin

However watering down a drink actually makes it more alchoholic (assuming you dirnk the entire contents), since the effect of the water makes the alchohol enter the bloodstream faster. A wtered-down drink only contains less alchohol if it has the same quantity of liquid as a straight.

smiley - runsmiley - cheerssmiley - bubblysmiley - loveblush

Charm/luck

Post 17

Gavin

OOPS I though smiley - loveblush was a drunk at a party , not a loveblush

Key: Complain about this post