This is the Message Centre for Mike A (snowblind)

Removed

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

This post has been removed.

Let's Start A War

Post 2

Chris Tonks

*reads poem seriously*

My goodness! So is life today...

Excellent poem, another of the sort that kick people's brains around to what should be done about it...

And yet we still ask ourselves - what should be done about it?

So is life...

- Prof C.......

Let's Start A War

Post 3

Mike A (snowblind)

Not my poems, I'm afraid. I wish I could claim such lyrical talent as my own, but I'm afraid the honours must go to Ozzy Osbounrne and Tom Araya. Being a walking lyrics archive has its advantages smiley - winkeye

I have to argue a debate at school next week: should Israel be handed back to the Palestinians? With that, and of course the news in your face, I've been considering this matter a lot recently. Is there anything that us peeps in the street can do to help? Any ideas we can put forward? Even if we had ideas and solutions, how could we put them in action?
It's terrible to see the world tear itself apart and being unable to do anything. Worse so if you -know- how it can be resolved. If there is any man in the street who has a smart idea, let him speak now.

Let's Start A War

Post 4

Styx the Rat

*red eyes glowing thoughtful*

Humans hate too much.

Let's Start A War

Post 5

Chris Tonks

In general...
But I would like to stress that it is not *always* war, or *always*something bad...unfortunatly, with the few wars there are being terribly large, it just seems like bad is going on all the time...smiley - sadface
This is partially true, but I mean, I'm still here at home, all fine, the h2g2 server is intact, people are alive...
So it isn't quite true to say that we always battle...

America and Western Europe is Ok about things, and doesn't go to war any more...it's just, in general I'd like to stress, the other countries, Asia and Eastern Europe...not always, but it's certainly never Western Europe...

Let's Start A War

Post 6

Styx the Rat

Ireland! Professor forgets northern Ireland! Plenty of hate in name of religion, just like now in mideast.
*red eyes haunted*
Plenty of hate in America too. People buy heaps of guns, hole up in wilderness, throw nazi salutes.

Hate is human plague. Spreads wherever humans go.

Let's Start A War

Post 7

Chris Tonks

Ah yes...Ireland...
Hmmm...smiley - sadface
Well, yes, you're right...hate is around all over the place...smiley - sadface

Removed

Post 8

Mike A (snowblind)

Let's Start A War

Post 9

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Well, coming from a gal who's never seen it for herself here's what I have to say......

The situation in the middle east is no-where near as bad as it is. The Palestinians are actually ok until the BBC cameras come along, then the trouble starts. How do I know this? My mum spoke to someone in Jerusalem today and they told her that smiley - winkeye Thank God for that is all I can say.......Shim is going out there next week

Let's Start A War

Post 10

Chris Tonks

Whew...thank God for that fact indeed!
But still, the BBC shouldn't be a cause to worsen the fighting...

Let's Start A War

Post 11

Mike A (snowblind)

I wouldn't think that the fighting starts for the BBC. I'd say that the BBC comes along when there is fighting, and this is what we see. Because, basically, that's the news, isn't it?

I'd be inclined to think that you're only going to be affected by the fighting if you're actually living on or very close to the areas involved in fighting. Let's face it, if 100+ people have been killed in a few weeks, it's hardly going to be roses isn't it?

Let's Start A War

Post 12

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Well the other day my mum's friend phoned from Jerusalem. She doesn't see what all the fuss is about, apparently all it really is is a cold war, the BBC cameras go over there and the Arabs start fighting in front of the cameras, so it's all an act really.

Apparently it's all mainly happening in the West Bank. You can still go to Jerusalem and have a quiet holiday

Let's Start A War

Post 13

Mike A (snowblind)

Hmmm...we haven't heard any action from the Eastern Front for a while now. Have they all killed each other yet?

Let's Start A War

Post 14

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

LOL, the media have just decided to give it a rest-for once!!!!!!

Removed

Post 15

Mike A (snowblind)

Let's Start A War

Post 16

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Cool where does that come from?

Shim is doing very well in Israel at the moment, no interruptions as far as we know smiley - smiley

Let's Start A War

Post 17

Mike A (snowblind)

Como Estias Amigos by Iron Maiden. S'on Virtual XI.

Let's Start A War

Post 18

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Cool! I'll have to hear it sometime smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post