This is the Message Centre for Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 201

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Intermittantly no doubt....

Good to hear from you and know that there are still folks thinking of me out there.

As an aside, Men In Frocks were off the road for some time - I think the plan had been to reform as a Rage Against The Machine trib, but they're out as MIF again. I saw them a couple of months ago.

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 202

The REAL Julyflower!

It's taken me a while....but I found the thread where we had a fascinating discussion about bra bits in my washing machine and how you sorted it for me....it was May 2002 and in a thread called Pirates which I found in my "old" space http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F32210?thread=163797&skip=100&show=20 not sure if I did that right......

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 203

That was a great piece of detective work, must have taken you ages.... smiley - biggrin

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 204

Forgot to ask - were you not the REAL julyflower before - or were you just not sure?

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 205

The REAL Julyflower!

OH! a bit complicated.....there is only one Julyflower but when I got back I could not log in any more, started up another "Julyflower" then found I could get in both.....so .....

lunch hour, good thinking!

smiley - runsmiley - run

smiley - rose

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 206

Was that after the Beeb took over the site? Jeez - that seems like forever ago now....

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 207

The REAL Julyflower!

I am afraid the intricacies of the site totally go over my head - as a certain Pirate told you we are no longer allowed at work to go onto BBC sites - I always did anyway just post very quickly in and then close down again - rumour has it now at work we are going to be told how many sites a week we are going to be allowed to visit, and also how many emails we are allowed to write - personally I think its totally stupid and shortsighted - we all look at the news, the weather, and maybe one or two other sites a day eg travel, and send maybe 2/3 short personal emails a day. As all our work is on the computer and we are sat at the blooming things all day long with little light relief I dont think its doing much harm! I know emails are supposed to be distracting but I also dont think we should be expected to just solidly concentrate on data input for hours on end - its counter - productive n'est pas?

smiley - rose

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 208

I would consider working to rule. I take it you're governed by health and safety rules that say you can't sit in front of a computer screen for more than a certain period of time without a break. Then there are all the laws governing the type of chair you should have etc etc etc.... I would play them at their own game - only make sure you know all the rules before commencing play! smiley - evilgrin

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 209

Where's everybody gone?

Bassman smiley - coolsmiley - biker

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 210

smiley - flan

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 211

What did I do to deserve that?

I can never find my Bugsy Malone flan gun when I need it!

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 212

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - mistletoe
smiley - smooch

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 213

I finally found that pic: http://public.fotki.com/azahar/h2g2_friends/gbbassman.html

Can't believe it's over 3 years agosmiley - doh

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 214

Well, that's entirely my fault.

I don't know if I'll feel so comfortable about coming to meet-ups in future, not being about so much and not having my finger on the pulse of H2G2 like (I thought) I used to.

On the other hand, I've met some truly wonderful people at meet ups over the years and would be missing out badly if I decided I couldn't come to any more.

Am I correct in saying that a Nodnol meet had been planned for January, but was shelved due to lack of interest. That's such a shame.

I was looking back over some of the real old pics just earlier and came across some of Mark Moxon. I remember sitting down and chatting with him like we were old mates.... There again, he never went out of his way to come and have a sit on my lap and a cuddle, like someone I could mention! smiley - smoochsmiley - hug Haven't we got some catching up to do?

Bassman smiley - bikersmiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 215

You've got the tail end of it, the whole thing was a bit of a farce. Here is the meet page U1243703 and you can red the threads there, but in a nutshell, people were roughly divided over which date and it boiled down to two frontrunners, 1 Nov and 8 Nov. So another voting session was organised, which 1 Nov won by a landslide. Unfortunately some of the people who had voted for 1 Nov then didn't sign up, including someone who had cast three votes, for herself, her bloke and her best friendsmiley - doh

There were reasons some couldn't make 1 Nov (and had voted for 8 Nov) like me, I had already committed to looking after my grandson so his parents could take their belated honeymoon (until 3 Nov).
MMF was working the weekend of 1 Nov...etc. etc. etc.

The next one will not go through the voting process because everyone (that I know of) wants to meet up with B'Elana who is coming over from Germany on May 9 to coincide with Hypatia's visit from the States for her (earlier that week) BIG birthday. Here's the thread to that convo: F1988439?thread=6048483 which you should subscribe to if you're interested, you'll see who's already signed up, Hati & Hapi, Piercesmiley - pirate (me)smiley - ok It ready has the flavour of a great meet, and no doubt more ingredients will sign up when 2legs actually gets the page up and running.smiley - run

smiley - nur
Catching up?smiley - hugsmiley - smooch
Like that you mean? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - mistletoe
smiley - coolsmiley - smooch

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 216

That's me signed up.

I've just got the dates - so far - for the band for next year, so I'll be going back to work armed with a whole load of leave passes for my boss to sign!

Catching up smiley - smoochsmiley - hugsmiley - smoochsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Nice to see we still speak the same language!! smiley - biggrin

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 217

ReddishDog

*blows the dust orf the thread and sneezes*

AAAAAACCHHOOOOOOO

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 218

I say Redders old chap - nice to see an old face round these parts....

OMG that sounded wrong on several levels - what I meant to say was a familiar face....

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 219

ReddishDog

Likewise Bassers smiley - winkeye

For some bally reason I can't for the life of me get my old account to work

Any bright ideas ?

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 220

I suppose that would depend on what's wrong with it. Can you access it?

Bassman smiley - coolsmiley - biker

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more