This is the Message Centre for Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 181

Nope! smiley - snowball

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 182

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*dusts down Fan Club and gives it some TLC*

You know Bassers I've just been to the Strangers website and I reckon I've been in a fair few of the places on your gig list. I lived in Hinckley for a fair few years (Hollycroft and Stoney Stanton) so I'm well up on the Greyhound and I was at college in Northampton ..... lived just round the corner from the Romany in Kingsthorpe. Spent an awful night sleeping in a bunker in the golf course opposite the pub once (too drunk to find my way off the course after nipping in there for a slash smiley - laugh).

Small world.

Where the chuffing heck are you ? smiley - winkeye

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 183

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Hi RD,

I've been rather hampered in my efforts to get online and visit the site in recent months. I've changed my place of work and don't have anywhere near as much free time during the day to visit H2G2 - I'm actually having to w**k while I'm here - whatever next.

Having gained broadband access at home, I have been scuppered by a downloaded programme totalling my machine and I had to wait for an opportunity to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. The only thing that I need now is the password to get me reconnected, which at this time of year hasn't happened. Too busy eating drinking and making merry.

I'm living just outside Leicester now, still working in the Heathrow vicinity.

The Greyhound is now a fun pub disco wine bar bistro gay club poofhouse cocktail carvery (to quote the Macc Ladds) They don't do bands any more (for about the last year or so.) Lots of the music venues are disappearing, it's a big shame.

Off to one of our regular haunts tonight for the New Year bash - we're doing fancy dress with a Scooby Doo theme.... I'm dressing as Velma, specs and all! I bet you didn't want to know that.

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 184

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Leicester eh ..... my home town smiley - ok. Sgt Mushroom is from there - Fleckney if I remember. I was born in Aylestone and brought up in Thurcaston. Lived and worked in Hinckley for a decade or so smiley - biggrin

I know what you mean about venues disapperaing. I used to almost live in the Bluebell in Stanton and they had a brilliant Muso's night ... sadly stopped now and much missed. I made a lot of friends there. Do you know if there is a Glam revival band still going called "Jeepster" ? My best buddy was drummer for them.

It must be a drag travelling down to Heathrow - I also lived in Woking for five years and it was murder getting back home. You must be totalled at the end of the day.

Have you seen what I've been doing to you at the Chaps Club btw smiley - winkeye

Hope you find sometime to get back online

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 185

smiley - stiffdrink

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 186

Hi RD,

Jeepster played at our Guitarist and Vocalist's wedding. The singer was called Brad, who went on to form "Men In Frocks".

I've seen them a couple of times and even supported them at a gig a couple of years back.

As far as I know, they've split to form a Rage Against The Machine tribute band.

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0800whatson/0420localbands/page.cfm?objectid=106605&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=Men%20In%20Frocks

I've included a link to a review of the band, unfortunately their web site has disappeared - I s'pose that's coz they are no more!

We've got a couple of new venues to play at the end of Feb, which will be good, the only problem being one is on the far side of Brum, on a Friday night. I think I'll set off now, I just might make it in time, you know what the traffic's like....

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 187

Hello! smiley - biggrin

smiley - choc and smiley - cake for everybody!

Yay! <cheerup?

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 188

Hello! smiley - biggrin

smiley - choc and smiley - cake for everybody!

Yay! smiley - cheerup

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 189

smiley - groan It went twice...

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 190

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

ah but I only read it once

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 191

Thank you for that smiley - biggrin

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 192

Are you in Rhode Island now? smiley - erm

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 193

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Nope just covered in feathers (don't ask)

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 194

GreyDesk

Ok I won't smiley - smiley

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 195

RD.... apot.... please explain....

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 196

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

It's a typo Bassers ..... someone on an RP thread hit me right on the "apot" but meant to type "spot"

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 197

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

*does a bit of dusting*

(I hear Bassman's back)smiley - cracker

smiley - hugsmiley - coolsmiley - smooch

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 198

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

You can hear Bassman's back smiley - bigeyes

Hang on ..... I can hear his shoes smiley - winkeye

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 199

Hey RD, I don't wear my shoes on my back.

Bassman smiley - cool

Fanclub for Bassman

Post 200

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Hi Bassers - you back ? smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post