A Conversation for Silly String

Silly string: a conspiracy?

Post 81

Bob the Martian

Depends on how fast your running doesn't it? The dreams are almost over, but there will be more forthwith. Oh yeah, you know you normalyy get a hot tap and a cold one, well I think we should start a campaign to get one that produces water at exactly the same temperature as the water that is in the basin at that moment. Would be damn useful.

Bob

Post 82

Ian The Moose

The subject of hot and cold taps is one very close to my heart as can be seen in the article I wrote mainly on this subject. Basically; how can we expect to do anything like contact aliens or even fight them when we cannot invent a tap that dispenses water at the right temperature. Humankind's priorities are all wrong. Bollocks to the Alberts just sort out the taps!

Post 83

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Hmmm... I'm used to one tap, two knobs. One knob adjusts hot water, the other adjusts cold water, both flow from the same tap. This way if you want hot water, just use the hot knob, if you want cold water, just use the cold knob. If you want somewhere in betwee, use both knobs until you find the happy medium. That's how it's been all my life...

Post 84

Ian The Moose

Yes well some of us aren't lucky enough to have a knob or two. We have to use separate taps. Stop boasting about your useful knobs.

Post 85

Well, maybe some of you should come over here, examine the plumbing in a typical American home, and take it the designs back across the ocean with you. Lord knows America's provided enough useless junk for the rest of the world, maybe now we've got something usefull to offer!

Post 86

Nobby the Aardvark

Hey, we have some single taps with dual knobs at home in our bathroom. In fact we've had those for about 16 or so years, so they can't be that new. Also most kitchen taps seem to be in that sort of style wherever you go. smiley - smiley

Post 87

Bob the Martian

Ah but the thing is, they never seem to mix quite right when the water appears. The hot comes out on one side and the cold on the other, only mixing right at the bottom to produce a warm, stable flow. This is bad. They should mix before they come out of the tap. I agree that there are many taps which can provide combi-water-flow-technology, but if there was just one knob, with a thermostat giving the temperatur,. you could dispense with the unneccesary turning of taps. Has anyone seen those motion sensitive ones? You move your hand under them and they turn on. Very hygenic and damn funky. ]

Bob

Post 88

Ian The Moose

Yes well, knobs or no knobs the fact is that a hot tap will invariably give out cold water for a minute or two before scalding your hand. And sometimes the cold tap will give out warm water for a while before dispensing cold! Has the world gone mad?

Post 89

Well, I get the two knobs confused unless they're clearly marked, anyway. What we really need is some way to combine those motion sensing "taps" with some sort of heat detector to determine exactly what temperature of water you most want at the moment, and then despense a liquid that is almost, but not quite, exactly unlike tea.

Post 90

Ian The Moose

Tea on tap - good idea. Even better just get rid of the taps and install a beer pump or seven. True its unhygenic to have to wash in beer but you'll probably be so pissed you won't care. And, in reference to that 'sensor-tap' thing, have a sensor that pours you a pint EVEN BEFORE you know you want one. Oh yes...

Post 91

Brox (a.k.a. Researcher 43342)

ok, what about this connection. alberts...the borg....al borg...al gore...my god america is doomed!!!

Post 92

Mike A (snowblind)

I rember hearing something about someone called Albert a few days ago. But I've forgotten their surname.

Key: Complain about this post