A Conversation for Caiman Pacifying the Offspring (2)

physical activity

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

I suspect a lot of children don't get enough physical exercise these days. (I know yours aren't among them, from what you said about mountain walking.) But you'd think football, swimming or karate might help limit the screen time. I think my son benefitted from karate (though this was a long time ago now.)

physical activity

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

True. My son used to play ice hockey. There was not a lot of spare time outside training / school / eating and sleeping. Since that was a bit too much for him (and me) he wanted to switch to rowing. Then COVID arrived, so he could do nothing. Fortunately in between the peaks youth training resumed and now he can row singles or double with me. (only trouble is getting a boat and a time slot. Our 400 strong club owns 25 skiffs and there is space for 3 boats to start every 15 minutes). Double scull rowing is only allowed for people sharing the same address.

Apart from that we always reserve one day in the weekend for a long walk.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Caiman Pacifying the Offspring (2)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more