A Conversation for Sensible Spider

We call them Daddy Longlegs

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That' because you have a lot of sense. smiley - ok

Post 22

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyebut it's all "non" sense smiley - laughsmiley - laughwhich I prefersmiley - smiley

Post 23

I rarely seem to win any arguments with you, prof. Can I at least call it a draw?

Post 24

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileyI never argue, I look at all opinions and will discus them, then use my judgement.
If I'm rightsmiley - biggrinthen fair enough (I don't gloat etc)
If I'm wrong, I will acknowledge it smiley - smiley

Post 25

That seems fair and above-board.

I don't think you're a fool, just a very funny guy with a philosophy others might benefit from.

I'm not quite sure where your Yorkshire roots figure into things, but then you might wonder why I keep talking about Massachusetts. I guess it makes a difference what you see when you look out your window or open your door. I hope I do a good job of describing what I see. That's about all I can really do.

Is Yorkhire a pretty place in the Spring? Are there wildflowers? Butterflies? Nice-looking birds? Do you have natural rock formations or interesting forests or buildings?

One thing I already know about Yorkshire is that you have the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. Unspoiled countryside with a nice, open atmosphere. You're right to be proud of living there!

You've also been overrun by conquerors from time to time -- the Roman Emperor Constantine came to York in 305, and his father died the next year, making Constantine the Emperor. There's a statue of him in York Minster. Nowadays, the statue wears a face mask so it won't catch the Coronavirus. Then the Vikings captured York in 866. he Danish Cnut became king of England in 1016. Then came William the Conqueror with his genocides. A periodically fraught existence for poor Yorkshire!

Pesky invaders! They obviously like what they see when they behold York. But they could have been kinder to the people who lived there. smiley - sadface.

Anyway, I'm just as proud of Massachusetts. I've been lucky enough
to earn a living here, and to live on my pension now that I'm in retirement.

Post 26

smiley - winkeyeYep! "we've" been clobbered by outsiders over the millennia smiley - sadfaceBut! On the good sidesmiley - magicWe've got Viking blood in ussmiley - smileywe don't take s*** from anyonesmiley - laugh
The 3 Ridings of Yorkshire, stem from the Vikingssmiley - smileyno other county in england has themsmiley - smiley

Post 27

You have Viking blood in you, prof? have you ever done the famous Viking fish-slapping dance? smiley - winkeye

Post 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

smiley - winkeyeYou've got to be "codding" smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post