A Conversation for Slugging It Out

Slugs get a basd rap, though I am not sure if this really is a slug

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It seems a bit too green to be a true slug. Could it be a snake?

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

That is a great photo - fascinating textures!

Yes, some slugs are paler greeny-brown rather than dark brown, and the lighting through the glass really shows up the colour in this photo.

The slugs that like to crawl into my house stay on the floor, so the first I usually know about them visiting is when I get up in the morning and find a swirl of slime in the hallway. A couple of weeks ago, one came to see me while I was at work on the computer, so I managed to scoop it up on a piece of cardboard and put it outside before it ran out of juice! smiley - laugh

Post 3

An inquisitive slug!

I won't ask whether it had editorial suggestions for you. smiley - biggrin

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - snork maybe smiley - whistlesmiley - rofl

I dreamed last night that some slugs were crawling out of my wardrobe. I was ok at first, just scooping them up on cardboard, but then one turned into an earwig smiley - yikes so I woke up smiley - laugh

Post 5

That's odd!

When I dream about wardrobes, the only things in them are lions and witches. smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Paigetheoracle

I have a pet slug. I named him after a character in The Third Man by Graham Greene. He's called Harry Slime

Post 7

Paigetheoracle

One thing I find fascinating about slugs and snails is where do they get all their slime from? You would think that they would dry up within a few inches.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more