A Conversation for Gheorgheniplex: Garden Dream

Someof the pools look rather pleasant.

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Fro a distance, I can't tell what kinds of trees those are, nor what crops are growing in some of the fields.

I do like the pools, especially the ones that have bridges across them.
I wonder if there might be fish in the pools? it would be nice to stand or sit n a bridge and admire the fish.

Post 2

FWR

now if I bought next door I could get a nice big ornamental koi pond in...smiley - cogs

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

We did something like that with our garden just recently. OK, maybe on a smaller scale. Moved around some earth and flagstones to a more organised configuration.

Post 4

The garden in my yard was intended for my pleasure, but the local rabbits and groundhogs think I designed it for them. smiley - cross

Post 5

That is what the toads, snails, cats, coal tits, sparrows, pigeons, voles and hedgehogs are claiming regarding our garden.

The rabbits think it is way too busy as it is, so they keep their distance. The groundhogs are still considering ways to cross the ocean, I guess.

Post 6

Our groundhogs are fat. They seem not to need English gardens for their sustenance.

Post 7

How about Dutch gardens?

Post 8

Sine woodchucks are not native to the Netherlands, and since I don't know what kinds of plants are grown there, it's hard to say. I assume that woodchucks would welcome hostas anywhere they found them.

It's easier to list things they prefer not to eat than what they do eat.

http://www.bhg.com/gardening/pests/animal/how-can-i-stop-woodchucks-from-eating-my-flowers-and-plants/

So, the following will probably not be eaten: columbine (Aquilegia), daylily (Hemerocallis), blanket flower (Gaillardia x grandiflora), cardinal flower (Lobelia cardinalis), and marigold (Tagetes).

There are other sites with different lists, but be warned: woodchucks as a species may not eat some plants, but an individual woodchuck might develop a taste for them. I think myh woodchuck eats milkweed, which is bitter and poisonous smiley - yuk.

You have been warned.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gheorgheniplex: Garden Dream

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more