A Conversation for Landmark Court Decision: How Many Cats Should You Have in Your Car?

Peer Review: A87988342 - Landmark Court Decision: How Many Cats Should You Have in Your Car?

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Entry: Landmark Court Decision: How Many Cats Should You Have in Your Car? - A87988342
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni - Not Banned in China - U1590784

Yes, I had nothing better to do this afternoon than to chase down a clue I got from a QI post on Twitter.

I found it hard to believe that this woman drove that far with 15 untethered cats. I once learned the hard way that even one cat not in a carrier is bad news when driving. You know where they want to be? Right under your driving foot, that's where.

smiley - dragon

A87988342 - Landmark Court Decision: How Many Cats Should You Have in Your Car?

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

wow... I have no words
Thanks for sharing this!

When I was a teenager I used to have the cat on the back seat on a lead when we went to visit our relatives for a few weeks. She liked to look out of the window.

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Wow indeed...

That is next level cat hoarding...

Perfect conclusion to the Entry - the defendant was not an unsympathetic character, but the cats definitely needed more than just 1/21th of a Dodge Neon, affection notwithstanding... smiley - cat

Post 4

Bluebottle

I dodge neon - I avoid anywhere with those tacky signs outside...

<BB<

Post 5

Then beware of next week's Post, Bluebottle. smiley - laugh Not that you're in danger of finding it. smiley - winkeye

Thanks, readers. smiley - smiley When I hit this, I felt this had h2g2 written all over it.

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

It certainly doessmiley - laugh

Thanks for the smiley - rofl

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - catsmiley - blackcat

Post 7

Bluebottle

This morning our cat has brought in two birds into the house, and we've had at least five birds a week for the last few weeks. So if you have 15 , how many birds do they bring into the car per week?smiley - yikes*

<BB<

*Assuming they are allowed out of the car...?

Post 8

There will be at least one that ignores birds. That's just statistics. smiley - laugh That one, however, will make it up in the volume of voles it catches. smiley - winkeye

By the way, that's why my two cats are indoor kitties. The biggest excitement they've had lately was when a chipmunk got into the house. They chased it to the window in my office - where it became trapped between the double glazing and the window screen. The in-laws had to drive into town with a ladder to free the rodent.

Brother-in-law on phone: 'Is it moving around now?'

Me: 'No. It's frozen in terror.'

The kitties slaughter all moths, stink bugs, and assorted aerial insects they find. They are welcome to them.

Post 9

Update: The neighbour's cat has just careened into the side porch, slightly stunning itself. It was pursuing a chipmunk. Chipmunks are fast. The cat looked embarrassed. smiley - blackcat

Post 10

smiley - rofl

British cats walk away as if nothing happened at all - move along now, nothing to see here smiley - cat

Post 11

smiley - rofl I know that manoeuvre.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 13

smiley - applauseperfect h2g2 entrysmiley - catsmiley - fishsmiley - blackcat

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - schooloffishsmiley - dolphin

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations smiley - bubblysmiley - cat

Post 15

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post