A Conversation for Mystery Sky

Eye saw

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

Yes I saw a mystery cloud once, when were heading into Tain, from the seaboard villages, in the highlands. It looked like a pirate with an eye patch. As we were on the road I didn't get a picture of it. Heading for Inverness once I also saw a strange cloud formation but again being in the car I didn't get a chance to photograph it until we reached Alness, by which time it wasn't as good (someone else got a better shot than me but again it wasn't that great).

Eye saw

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

A very eye'catching scene. Bring my my sword, ye clouds unfold, Bring me my chariot of fire...

Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire
Bring me my spear, o clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire.
I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

Did Blake have to much time on his hands? smiley - bigeyes

Eye saw

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Interesting how the clouds and the foliage seem to communicate.

Well done.

Did Blake succeed in building Jerusalem in England, or are we still waiting for that? Hang on, I'll check Google maps…

Ah, he might have: Jerusalem, Skellingthorpe, Lincolnshire, England.
Don't know what he would think of the meat rendering plant located there. Maybe a chariot of fire could solve that.

Eye saw

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

he might think the meat rendering plant was a "dark satanic mill." Luddites, take note!

Eye saw

Post 5

Bald Bloke

Paul
Are you aware the Dark Satanic Mill may have been in London?
the Albion Mills building became "London's symbol for the impending industrial revolution", and the shell of the building was the inspiration for William Blake's "dark satanic mills" in his poem And did those feet in ancient time.] Most of the notable engineering drawings and depictions of the Albion Mills are in the Boulton & Watt Archive of Birmingham Central Library
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion_Mills,_Southwark

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mystery Sky

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more