A Conversation for How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC

Peer Review: A87984373 - How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Entry: How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC - A87984373
Author: SashaQ - happysad and 'slightly mad' - U9936370

A quick Flea Market rescue - I think this Entry is quite useful because I once had to use data recovery software to salvage photos that had been eaten by my computer!

Previously in Peer Review here F22163870?thread=8323714

A87984373 - How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC

Post 2

Bluebottle

Original:
Entry: How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC - A87968344
Author: AliceGo - U15004802

Great photo!

<BB<

Post 3

Bluebottle

Incidentally, one thing I learnt from the keyboard shortcuts entry is the power of Ctrl-Z to undo what the last thing you've done is. So if you notice straight away that the last thing you did was delete a file, Ctrl-Z will bring it back. Try it - create a dummy file, save it on your desktop, delete it and press Ctrl-Z. It works, so that's my suggestion to include.

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks <BB< - excellent suggestion. I have used Ctrl+Z many times when my hand slipped and moved one folder into another in a filing list, so that is great that it also works for the recycling bin!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations AliceGo smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for How to Recover Files Deleted from a Windows PC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more