A Conversation for Photo Wall

Comments: Photo Wall

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

DG:

This is a very Italian thing to do, or at least, a very Italian American thing to do. smiley - laugh Most of the photos were black and white, so I wondered how a picture of all the pictures would come out.

Post 2

FWR

Timeless imagery in this one, reminds me of one of those American movie themed diners, where you spend hours trying to name as many old stars as you can, then realize your burger has gone cold! (Why is Alpha from TWD in there lol?)

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Their collection is eclectic - and it covers every wall in the place. Which is an old place with several huge rooms... smiley - laugh Everything from film stars of the bygone days to photos of the family and customers, old advertising signs, etc.

It reminds me of my friend Mike in Philly. He ran a unisex hair salon, which was decorated like what it was: a nice, slightly upscale hair salon. The main colour was lavender. His dad Pete still came in to cut hair.

Mike said, 'When I took over running this place from Dad, it looked like what you'd expect - an Italian barbershop, with pictures and old junk all over the walls!'

Pete, gruffly, 'What's wrong with an Italian barbershop?' [To Elektra] 'Hold still, your hair is breakin' my scissors!' [Elektra laughing.]

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

The black and white photo of black and white photos is very striking - somehow makes the scene even more timeless smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Photo Wall

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more