A Conversation for Bluebottle's Doodles: Random Rant #6

Push

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

The other common comment when stretching is "Don't push over that building". This happened without fail over the course of three years, three times a week, during our warming up session at the rowing club.

Every single time.

Don't talk to me about originality.

Push

Post 2

One of my crew mates got so fed up with this that one day he dropped on his knees, hitting the tarmac with his fists, screaming NOOOOOO NOOOOOO!!!!

I will never forget the look on the face of that guy making the comment. (not knowing what went before)

Push

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork I love it!

I used to be asked what I taught. When I mentioned German or Latin, somebody would always say, 'I'd learn another language, but I haven't learned English yet.'

The problem for me was not saying what I was thinking... smiley - winkeye

Push

Post 4

Even if you wanted to say what you were thinking, you still had to decide in what language.

Push

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl

Push

Post 6

For me that would be either Dutch, English, German, French, Latin or Greek (the last two are a bit rusty though).

Push

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Yes, it is fascinating how many ‘old chestnut’ phrases there are for all kinds of situations - I get ‘have you got a licence for that [wheelchair]?’ and ‘don’t break the speed limit’ for example...

‘Flaaa’ smiley - rofl Love it

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle's Doodles: Random Rant #6

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more