A Conversation for Townscape

Comments: Townscape

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

Don't you just want to touch that beautiful stonework? Beautifully lit shot. The house at the top catching the sun gives lovely contrast to those beneath. Every different angle giving gorgeous highlights. Tones, textures, lighting, Bob's got it all in this shot!

DG:

This photo makes a statement about people, and spaces, and what it's like to live in the hilly country. If I could say it in words, I would: but the photo says it better.

Post 2

bob_hampshire

I thank you for the comments chaps, it makes it worth all the effortsmiley - biggrin

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

"Tones, textures, lighting, Bob's got it all in this shot!"

Yes indeed smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

A rather steep hillside, and terraces have been used to accommodate trees and gardens. There's rather a lot to take in here, so a leisurely scrutiny is warranted.

Isn't it funny how many densely populated places are very nearly vertical? Why built a city on multiple hills? Is it because hilly terrain often surrounds the rivers that make transportation feasible?

Post 5

bob_hampshire

The town is quite old King John held the town and it retains the footprint of the old town.

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Is it a town in Hampshire?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Townscape

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more