A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second: Las Cuatro Magnificas

Was it in Spanish? Or dubbed into English

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't think this has ever come to my neck of the woods. With the advent of movie CD's, though, it's possible to watch a marathon film like this a bit at a time.

The thing is, if it's in Spanish without dubbing or English subtitles, I would not bother with it. I know, I know, 13 hours is less than 127 hours, and the horror bits aren't going to show an arm being sawed off, but still....

Post 2

Awix

Mostly in Spanish but dubbed into English. Some bits are in actual English, German, Russian, French, Quechua, and there's a particularly inexplicable bit in Swedish. No actual horror (as in gory) bits either. I can almost guarantee if you start watching it at home you will give up long before reaching the end, though.

Post 3

Thanks.

I can only hope that if any versions of it get to my area, they will be edited down to two or three hours. smiley - smiley

Post 4

Awix

I can't imagine what that would be like.

Post 5

Neither can I! smiley - laugh

The closest I come to appreciating Spanish filmmaking is the Almodovar films and Terry Gilliam's "The man who killed Don Quixote" (I know, I know, probably not very authentic)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 24 Lies a Second: Las Cuatro Magnificas

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more