A Conversation for Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-19

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Before NaJoPoMo this year, I wrote a *real* journal asking for questions for *this* one, so I'll go ahead and answer one of those questions...

Gnomon asked, "Do you miss the rain?"

No, not really. It's pretty wet here, actually (though I guess this past summer brought us to drought conditions?), though really, we've only been here 14.5 months or so, so it's kind of hard to tell what's typical, except as locals comment... The main difference, really, is that, instead of there being defined wet and dry (or wetter and dryer) seasons as I've been used to all my adult life (the only part of a Mediterranean climate that Crescent City could be said to have--temperatures traditionally certainly haven't been!), it can rain any time of year here--even in high summer! The whole "no rain from midMay to at least midOctober, save just around the Fourth of July thanks to the fireworks" thing does not hold here. There were some rather major storms here this summer, though I've heard that it was a fairly dry summer, while I felt that there really wasn't a whole lot of rain last winter, though several people commented that it was unusually wet (and our basement/garage took in water from underneath a handful of times). And the rain pretty much always falls down instead of sideways or up, which is nice.

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-19

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more