A Conversation for Writing Right with Dmitri: Tossing Out 'What-Ifs'

Can you tell...

Post 1

FWR

That I totally forgot to hit send for this week's monochrome comments? Oops!

Can you tell...

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I do pay attention to your columns, Dmitri. smiley - smiley

Ah, but what if I didn't? smiley - evilgrin

Can you tell...

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl All right, you people. You could have told me I forgot to uncover this one.

Can you tell...

Post 4

We love you, Dmitri. Keep doing what you do, and we will give you scintillating feedback. Some of it will even be snarky, as we know you like that. smiley - laugh

Can you tell...

Post 5

FWR

He knew that by the way you write!smiley - run

Can you tell...

Post 6

smiley - blush

Can you tell...

Post 7

Paigetheoracle

I worried about the sound of silence when I first started writing, until I started getting back feedback which was anything but silent and virulent,in its response to my scribblings. My ears were ringing, for me and my girl but I got fed up with the negativity. smiley - wah Now I prefer praise rather than being preyed upon and being blamed for upsetting people, by reminding them of things they don't want to be reminded of (how dare you!?!). Now I understand that they don't understand and probably won't ever understand because they don't want to - to quote myself, they are the type of people who complain that they are drowning but refuse to learn to swim (this is my Pulitzer prize winning quote, unquote)

Can you tell...

Post 8

The bumblebees in my garden have more sense than a lot of the people I know. smiley - sadface

Can you tell...

Post 9

Paigetheoracle

Yes, I bet they don't tell you to buzz off

Can you tell...

Post 10

You are right. smiley - smiley

They make a beeline for things rather than meandering aimlessly.

They very sensibly head for flower clusters that will likely have the most nectar.

If another bee is on a flower they like, they will refrain from fighting her for it, and go to an unoccupied flower.

Bees are really good citizens. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Writing Right with Dmitri: Tossing Out 'What-Ifs'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more