A Conversation for Beijing Elephant

Sad?

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

I like the picture, because the smooth, pale shape of the elephant contrasts with the dark background with its leaf patterns. smiley - smiley

But there seems something sad about the elephant, as if it has lain down to die. Does it have a story?

Sad?

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - whistle Please don't call me "kneel" (Neil) my names Herbert

Sad?

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

All the black and white photos in today's issue are first rate. smiley - ok

Was this elephant in India? Does the elongation of the trunk have any sort of artistic significance? Inquiring minds want to know. smiley - bigeyes

Sad?

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Elephant was in China, according to the photographer.

Sad?

Post 5

I can almost picture it, then. It would fit in in the parts of Taiwan and Hong Kong that I've seen.

Sad?

Post 6

Paigetheoracle

For some reason I just want to repeat the words, now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

Sad?

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Yep! I definitely need a chiropodist!

Sad?

Post 8

smiley - laugh

The elephant looks sort of like melted plastic. Did Salvador Dali make the sculpture after painted the melted clocks? smiley - winkeye

Sad?

Post 9

Phew! Yuk! I don't need a trunk to tell me me feet stink smiley - ill where's the foot powder ?

Sad?

Post 10

Nine blind sculptors tried to sculpt an elephant. This as the result.

Sad?

Post 11

BobI

The sculpted animals in the park were in pairs - one standing opposite one kneeling. They guard the avenue leading to the Tombs of the Ming Emperors.

Sad?

Post 12

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - doh Ah! The ones with the vases. smiley - biggrin

Sad?

Post 13

Also the dynasty mentioned in the Twilight's Last Glea.

Key: Complain about this post