A Conversation for Marshscape

Comments: Marshscape

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR: (La Rochelle harbour)

The harbour at sunset provided nice reflections, almost symmetrical, and soft tonal contrast, and somewhere in that maze of boats, was a bar we totally failed to find!

DG:

I love the way black and white can set mood. The sky and water reflections, plus the array of boats, really sets a story going in your mind.

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

That is a fascinating photograph - excellent reflection, and almost looks like a grass made from the masts... Starts a story in my mind indeed!

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Swamplandia.

Or the Okefenokee.

Wasn't there an old TV show about some guy who hid in the Everglades?

Post 4

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

That creates an otherworldly feeling. Thanks for sharing.

Most bar owners try not to hide their bar from potential customers. Maybe this one was afraid someone would come and drink his beloved drinks collection. Or it could be a French captain's way to enforce half rations.

Post 5

minorvogonpoet

There is something very romantic about this picture.

It makes one think of stealing away on a boat with one's sweetheart, as the evening light fades. smiley - love

Post 6

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I never thought about boating in marshes but the reflections were masterfully captured. smiley - applause

Post 7

FWR

I believe DG has transported this lovely old harbour to a fictional Marsh somewhere along the way! smiley - erm

Post 8

I probably have. When I don't get detailed instructions, I tend to Suzy-Q it. I've been around too many wetlands, I guess. smiley - blush

Post 9

FWR

This marsh was very mellow...

Post 10

smiley - groan

Post 11

Paigetheoracle

More shipshape, I would have thought? A mast there me beauties! Aye, aye cap'n Dmitri!

Post 12

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"I've been around too many wetlands, I guess"[Dmitri[

You can never be around too many wetlands. Even the stinkiest patches of wet earth can be beautiful when butterflies come to perch on them.

http://www.earthtouchnews.com/in-the-field/backyard-wildlife/mud-puddling-the-butterflys-dirty-little-secret/

Key: Complain about this post