A Conversation for The Birds

Comment: The Birds

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR says:

No comment on the photography.

Flat, dull morning sky. A few fledgeling birds and a dormant apple tree at the bottom of a garden. Boring...not much to photograph here! Well maybe not in colour!

Adjust the white balance and exposure in monochrome and the silhouettes are emphasised. Multiple frames as the birds took wing (eventually) captured the birds in flight!

I was going for a Hitchcock feel for this image, not bad for a boring backyard morning. Keep your eyes open and a decent photo could be waiting for you, even at home!

bobstafford says:

The evening roost, the sky has nice graduated tones and the trees on the horizon catch the viewer's attention.

The birds going about their evening preparations all a little different. A well observed photograph.

Post 2

cactuscafe

The Hitchcock feel in a boring back yard morning. Now there's a start to a story..

And you got the birds in flight, envious, can I steal your boring back yard morning please?
Heheh

Observing an

Being startled by the small details in any passing moment of creation I think renders the word boring obsolete.

Ooh thats a really poetic sounding paragraph. I think I might sell it. To a passing small detail.

Post 3

FWR

Small detail traders tend to gather at the bottom of our garden, often startled by blinding moments of forever, they take to the air, squawking like unwritten tales.

Post 4

cactuscafe

What's that free floating half phrase.. observing an? smiley - rofl Forgot to delete. Still getting used to h2 on phone.

Observing an.. Observing sounds on the outside, startled is physical, a physical sensation.

Post 5

cactuscafe

Mmmm the small detail traders paragraph is even more poetic that mine. Addicted now

Small detail traders small detail traders.. These words are reminding me of something.. The small detail traders..

Post 6

FWR

Good job I've finished nights, or poor GoHL would have an inbox full of alien small detail traders sqwarking in the glow of an orange pebbled beach, squabbling over who gets which memory....

Post 7

FWR

Or maybe he will, once the small details are catalogued and priced accordingly?

Post 8

FWR

Steve shook hands, the deal sealed.

He'd never liked the idea of a witch predicting the rise of Mr Jobs anyway, way too light-hearted for his vision.

Terry wished him well, keen to finally be rid of the idea of the vengeful telekinetic teenager...all that blood at the prom...yeuck! Small details like that would ruin his upcoming tale.

They paid their commissions to the squawking traders and crunched off down the orange glowing beach, happily, in totally different directions.

Post 9

FWR

And if you haven't read Writing Right, tsk tsk, that'll mean bugger all to you smiley - winkeye

Post 10

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl This reminds me of when we first saw Hitchcock's 'The Birds'.

We laughed all the way through, especially at them trying to make pigeons look menacing.

Post 11

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I'm telling yah! The worm was THIS big, I know it's hard to swallow, but you've got to believe me smiley - erm

Post 12

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

This picture lacks only a crust to be suitable for a blackbird pie. smiley - winkeye

smiley - run

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Hey! Big Louie says one of yuz guys is a stool-pigeon and yuz gonna get concrete wellies very soon

(couldn't get any shoessmiley - whistle)

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

That is a superb image - I like how the sky fades to white, so it looks like the bird is flying out of the image and into h2g2!

Post 15

FWR

Thanks sasha

Post 16

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Okay, we need to talk. Two members of our flock have gotten stuck together by a piece of smiley - drumroll velcrow."

Key: Complain about this post