A Conversation for Inspiration Time

Comments: Mashups

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

We're not privileging the experts here. Feel free to comment on the mashups. smiley - smiley

Post 2

FWR

Broad Street has given me vertigo! Great idea DG.

Post 3

Thanks! smiley - smiley It's fun to see how many different ways there were to parse that perspective.

Post 4

FWR

That summons up that urge, when you're on a very tall building, of thinking *what would happen if I just stepped off*, the urge to fly not plummet obviously!

Or is that just me?

Post 5

Me, too, about the flying. smiley - smiley It's why I like heights. smiley - flyingpig

Post 6

cactuscafe

Its the miraculous marvellous mysterious memorable mash up. Heheh. The evidence. What happened in that voidoid far horizon.

What happens is that you see your life and your previous lives flash before you

So there's Broad St!! Broad St! I remember Broad St. Have I been to Philadelphia? Erm..I remember everything..

Kind of beautiful, that street, looks like a mirage in the pattern

The Mirage Mash Up..

And.. I will return..

Post 7

cactuscafe

Where's the experts where"s the experts where's the experts

OK return soon to say hullo to Mommee Smash.. who? Laters

Post 8

FWR

As we've been playing with your work, I think you are the person to provide feed back on these, me deary.

Spent last night watching two seagulls chasing a squirrel through traffic...very surreal!smiley - biggrin

Post 9

cactuscafe

Did you get a pic the gull squirrel chase? That is bizarre.

Where the experts where the experts where where

Oh OK then.

Its the code! The code! Love your pics. Can I be your mystic code if you can be mine. The mystic postcode. Haha

Its my Smash mash potato ancestors! My long lost people. I greet you from the pattern of all creation. Well, a bit of creation. OK my phone. Love that pic, so funny.

And.. huh? Waitamin.. waitamin.. that word looks like vitamin gone peculiar.. Is tgat Birkenhead priory?

Post 10

cactuscafe

tgat? Wait, was there a priory in the pattern?

Post 11

cactuscafe

Ah t'was Birkenhead Priory. But it hasn't appeared from the mash up patterns. This is a loss for us but good for the Priory.smiley - rofl

Interesting pic Sasha. So, what are the other structures around the spire? Building works methinks? I think they look strangely beautiful in contrast to the spire, perhaps its the composition of the pic. Prob not seen as beautiful for the residents of the area?

Post 12

FWR

My squirrel/gull chase was photographed brilliantly! (Erm, ok, in my head it was, phone on charge in the canteen at the time!) But I did get some nice bird on sunrise action!

Post 13

FWR

Shipyard just behind it cc, the very hard I was an apprentice at when dinos plodded around! Looks like they have another oil or gas rig going up...no real neighbours down there, don't fret.

Post 14

FWR

Yard nor hard, bloody autofill needs constant nannying!

Post 15

smiley - rofl

We were down by the river, and are now back, eating ice cream. I believe I will have some good video. No gulls, just boats and such.

One man was out with his daughters. They were trying to catch butterflies in nets, but were unsuccessful. smiley - rofl

Post 16

FWR

Swap you a squirrel chasing gull for an ice-cream in a butterfly net?

Oh no small detail trading is contagioussmiley - run

Post 17

smiley - snork

Post 18

cactuscafe

Ah OK the shipyard!

My new phone's got this weird predictive txt that stores made up words and typos as well as everything else. You can delete the words but you can't disable the facility. It listens to the rhythm of my mindbeat. It follows me. It wants to marry me.

These small details are gorgeous sublime.

I'm also addikted now. With a k.

Post 19

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Ah, the urge to fly in exactly the same way that bricks don't....

Unless flying bricks have caught on when I wasn't paying attention smiley - bigeyes.

Post 20

SashaQ - happysad

The Smash Aliens version is hilarious! Cleverly done smiley - laugh

Brilliant lighting in the other one, and of course 42 would be in there! smiley - ok

Cleverly done with Broad Street, too - fascinating reflections and not-reflections... I don't like heights because of that urge/inner voice that says stuff like, 'you're going to jump off and fall down if you stand near the edge...' but this image reminds me of standing on a glass floor rather than standing near the edge of something, so I appreciate the perspective smiley - ok

The 'Holiday Plans' image is fascinating, with the crystal balls reflecting the 'Nice Scene from the Countryside' pattern, and a spire, and the new pattern... smiley - bigeyes

Great photo of Birkenhead Priory, FWR - that is a fascinating contrast between old and new, with similarities and differences between the shapes...

Key: Complain about this post