A Conversation for Black-and-White: Dog Watching Parade

Watching the neighbours

Post 1

Reality Manipulator

"My neighbours are getting stranger and stranger. Look at them shouting out their cars and fighting with their umbrellas.".

Watching the neighbours

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork I love it!

Watching the neighbours

Post 3

bobstafford

smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

GOOD COMMENT

Watching the neighbours

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Thank you smiley - cheers

Watching the neighbours

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Equal exposure for dogs?

If so, the scales will not be balanced unless there's a dog photo in every Post through the middle of the century.

(Okay, I'll leave quietly. smiley - run)

Watching the neighbours

Post 6

cactuscafe

Handsome hound, and love the composition, the bricks are just so different in black and white, sort of .. sort of .. different. Black and white photos just have their own mystery, I seem to be unable to find the words.

Do dogs see in black and white or colour? Can anyone really know?

Watching the neighbours

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Apparently, yes to the 'can we know?' part, although there are some mysteries. smiley - laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_uj_Fglys

Watching the neighbours

Post 8

Thank you for the video, Dmitri.

There are some who think that dogs can't distinguish between red, yellow, green, and orange. Cats are thought to be about in the same boat. Neither cats nor dogs have as many cones as humans do. This means that in bright light, humans might have the edge in terms of detecting motion, as that is a function of cones. In dim light, cats and dogs have the edge.

If they can't see certain colors, then for them the colors don't exist.....

Watching the neighbours

Post 9

cactuscafe

Ah! Splendid video that is!!! Thank youuu! smiley - kiss How very interesting! And I envy the night vision. Of course! A dog's eyes shine at night.

Ah yes, if they can't see certain colours then for them the colours don't exist. That is very philosophical, paulh.

I'd like night vision like a dog. Imagine seeing like that at night. Except my eyes might shine in the dark and freak everyone out. smiley - rofl

What a wonderful and remarkable world we live in eh?

Watching the neighbours

Post 10

I would settle for the vision I used to have. smiley - sadface

I don't need to see an iris or peony in order to smell its fragrance.

Hydrangeas look great, but they have no scent smiley - yuk.

Roses smell okay, but they are also beautiful, and they feel nice when you rub your face against them.

I wonder if anyone can tell me which flowers sound the best. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Black-and-White: Dog Watching Parade

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more